Books on Bourbon

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I have been looking for Henry Crowgey's book and would like to get a copy of William Downard's (I haven't heard of that one) does anyone know where to find them? Amazon.com told me that they would let me know if they get a copy of Crowgey's book but that was about a year ago.

Alibris.com doesn't have either of them.

~Linda~

http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Linda,

About 6 years ago I ordered two copies of Downard from Greenwood Press. It was still in print. You might contract your local bookstore and see if they can order it for you.

Mike Veach

P.S.

I talked to the University Press of Kentucky at the Southern Historical meeting in Louisville back in November and I think I talked them into reprinting Crowgey.

Mike

I think Mike and I bought our Downards at about the same time. I recall learning then that they only had like seven copies of it left and that was nine or ten years ago. My copy of Crowgey is a full text photo copy, but I think I made it at home when I still had my own working photocopier.

--Chuck Cowdery

Linda:

> Alibris.com doesn't have either of them.

They do, but you don't want to know how much they want for them.

OK, yes you do. $65.50 to $84.00. I told you you didn't want to know. If you go through this link http://www.alibris.com/?AID=40479&PID=238167 (not my affiliate link, btw) and use the coupon AMEX1200 at checkout, you'll save $15.00, if you want to bite the bullet.

Stotz

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Linda,

Don't forget the "Louisville Encyclopedia". This would also make a great addition to John's library. You can now order them from the Filson Club. (While you are at it you can get him the "Stump the Veach" video).

Mike Veach

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.