Buffalo Trace announces 2005 Antique Collection

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

**Here is a letter I received from Kris Comstock of Buffalo Trace Distillery with news regarding the upcomming release of the Antique Bourbon Collection and an exciting new addition.**

Greetings!

It’s that time of year again and we’re ready to start bottling our Antique Collection. Over the past few months we’ve been carefully tasting and selecting our limited supply of aged barrels. A very difficult and painstaking job J. I’m sure you’ll be happy with our choices! Not to mention a little surprise….a forth edition to the collection.

Sazerac Rye 18 year

Distilled in October of 1985, these barrels are plenty old and contain some great rye whiskey. They’ve been aging in Warehouse K on the first floor. The first floor enables the barrels to age slowly and gracefully. This vintage has the same mature spicy taste as years past.

Eagle Rare 17 year

These barrels were distilled May of 1988. Since then they’ve been aging in Warehouses Q on the 4th floor in Rick #27. We didn’t have much last fall, so I’m sure you’re looking forward to some this year.

George T. Stagg

We discovered this year’s barrels of George T. Stagg in Warehouse I on floors 2, 4, and 8. They were distilled back in May 1990. The bourbon will be around 141 proof! A good bit higher than the last couple releases. This whiskey is classic George T. Stagg.

William Larue Weller - NEW

Welcome the newest edition to the Antique Collection - William Larue Weller. Named after the father of Wheated recipe bourbons, this whiskey is an uncut unfiltered Wheated recipe bourbon! The barrels were aged twelve years on the fifth floor of Warehouse Q and should be around 122 proof. At barrel strength you can really taste the wonderfully sweet and rich flavors of the Wheated recipe.

We’ll release an allocation in a few weeks. If you have any special requests, just email me. Quantities are extremely limited.

Best regards,

Kris Comstock

Bourbon Brand Manger

Buffalo Trace Distillery

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.