"New" ryes

BobA
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Oh, well. At least they found a loving home. The search continues searching.gif

Have you found any yet? I was talking with a retailer this evening and he said it should be widely available by now. However, must keep in mind that I am in Tennessee and as Tim said, we got lucky with this one. I began to see it back in early December and it may have been there longer. It is now in just about every store I visit on a regular basis. Hope you have been able to get some by now. If not, I am sure Tim can take care of you going between KY and LA on your next trip.

Oh, yes I found it in Louisiana and have procured a half dozen bottles.

But, unless they have done an additional bottling, then 3500 or so bottles(as Ken has said the first run contained) just doesn't go very far. And they gave away the first 1,000 of those to VIPs, that doesn't leave very many for the shelves.

...If not, I am sure Tim can take care of you going between KY and LA on your next trip.

Don't be so sure -- I'm already 'taking care' of several people! They only issued 2,600 bottles:lol: .

Seriously, since this isn't intended as a one-off, I'd advise folks to just wait until it's bottled again. When will that be? I don't know. Ken?

If you call Binnys.com Whisky Hotline and talk to Brett. He has the saz jr for sale. It may be your best shot this time around.

Joe

If you call Binnys.com Whisky Hotline and talk to Brett. He has the saz jr for sale. It may be your best shot this time around.

FYI, it's Binny's Item Number 196996.

Listening to whiskycast, it seems that they are attempting to make it readily available in Louisiana while limiting the allocation to other states.

The Saz 6 year old showed up here (SC) this past week. I paid about $20, and it is very good. The WL Weller arrived as well - so it has been a good whiskey weekend.

Craig

The Saz 6 year old showed up here (SC) this past week. I paid about $20, and it is very good. The WL Weller arrived as well - so it has been a good whiskey weekend.

Craig

We have had it readily available here for several weeks now. They are hitting us up at a rate of $25 per bottle....but sounds like it's worth it. All the larger retailers I've visited have some and for all I know, it may be selling briskly. Guess I better get one this week for a try before it is gone.

Don't be so sure -- I'm already 'taking care' of several people! They only issued 2,600 bottles:lol: .

Seriously, since this isn't intended as a one-off, I'd advise folks to just wait until it's bottled again. When will that be? I don't know. Ken?

I just saw this.....sorry about that! Did not mean to send a thirsty mob your way! If you need back-up, call on me! We seem to have plenty of Saz Jr around these parts. It is the Saz Sr that is getting scarce right now. I know of only 1 store that has more than 1-2 on the shelf.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.