Bourbon Pork Tenderloin

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jeff, I forgot to tell you....I made this again last week. Used a larger tenderloin obtained at Sams Club. I used the marinade to baste it every 15 minutes while on the grill (It was a big one....took 2 hours to cook). Jon has declared this his "favorite meal of all time". He ate the leftovers for a whole week and still kept saying how much he loved it!

Dawn

• 1 month later...

OOPS, I made this last week and thought it said tender LION. Those zookeepers are still looking for a short fat man in a stocking mask and a weird apron dragging Simba through the parking lot......

Actually though, finally got around to trying this (sorry it was after you left Ed) and I concur with all the accolades. Absolutely FABULOUS. Well done Jeff.

• 2 months later...
1lb (or so) whole pork tenderloin

1/2 cup bourbon (I use AAA)

1/2 cup orange juice

2 Tbs dark brown sugar

Crushed red pepper to taste

Salt to taste

Fresh cracked black pepper to taste

Mix ingredients together in a large zip-lock bag, add tenderloin and marinate for about an hour. Remove tenderloin, reserving the marinade, and grill to desired doneness. Reduce remaining marinade in a saucepan over medium heat until you have a loose syrup consistancy. Cut tenderloin into medalions and top with reduction sauce. :yum:

I like this recipe a lot! It has distinctive bourbon character with a sweet/spicy tang. You can increase the amount of sauce as needed, just keep the proprtions of Bourbon and OJ equal. Try it and let me know what you think.

This recipe seems to be really good :grin: :grin: :grin:

I am going to make this for our party along with the Burgoo and other fixin's :grin: :grin:

One question?...Can I make it a day ahead and refrigerate?...Is it good reheated? I hope so :grin: :grin:

Thanks, Jeff :grin:

It's great reheated.....just ask Jon! He'll eat the leftovers for a week and still rave about how much he loves it!

Dawn

Yeah Bettye Jo, it is really good, maybe better the second day. I would probably cook it to just medium rare the first day so that it doesn't dry out when you reheat it, and make more sauce than you think you'll need. If the sauce thickens too much, add water to it as you're heating it. I'm looking forward to it :yum:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.