B.R.A.S.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I want to take this time to thank the members of B.R.A.S. (Bourbon Research Advancement Society) for their generous "Grant" for my research trip to Nashville. It will cover the gas expenses for the trip and I am deeply grateful. I know this group wishes to remain Anonymus (Heronimous Anonymus or HA to be exact) but I do feel that their generous act deserves recognition. Unfortunately because of work responsibilities I will not be able to make the trip until February but I will save the "Grant" until then. As a matter of fact I will proudly show it to my friend at the Archives in Nashville and let him know about your kind act. I don't know who all contributed to this "Grant" but I want to thank you all and let you know that I will post some of the information I find on this site when I get back.

Mike Veach

P.S.

I was a little hurt I was not asked to join this fine group. Such "Grants" should be made available to other writers who want to advance the world's knowledge of bourbon. I would gladly donate to your treasury for such a "Grant".

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Thank You Mr. Veach. Fellow Bourbonians allow me to introduce myself, I am Heronimus Anonymus the erstwhile Director of the Bourbon Research Advancement Society. Our purpose is to provide modest grants to writers in order to defray the costs of their research efforts, so that we might advance what is known about the history of bourbon. Fourum members have often stated their support of Mr. Veach and of their desire to purchase his book when it becomes available. In order to write his book he must complete his research. That is where B.R.A.S. comes into play. It is not our mission to provide any kind of stipend or any bottled research materials, however we will provide pants to the truly needy.

If you would like to become involved please send me a private message. All we ask is the equivalent of the cost of your daily pour. We have no operating expenses of any kind and all funds will be disbursed. We are an anonymus society so that any writer will not feel beholden to any one person or group and also to set ego off to the side as no one will know who gave or how much.

Big hearts can make a big difference. Many hands make work light. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thank You

Heronimus Anonymus

Director - Bourbon Reaserch Advancement Society

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

OK, since the guys have their BRAs organization, how about the JOCKS society for us women on the forum... <u>J</u>oy <u>O</u>f <u>C</u>orked <u>K</u>entucky <u>S</u>pirits.

Anyone out there that would like to be a "supporter"? (I'm sorry, I just had to do it. Some of John's warped sense of humor occasionally rubs off on me).

~Linda~

http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

OK Linda, I'm in. I don't get to my email as often as I would like but, I promise to support the cause when I can. Jus' let me know how I can help...

Bj

Blowin' smoke in Bardstown

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I would like to take this time to thank every Bourbonian that has made a pledge for the betterment of the hisorty of Bourbon. You know who you are and that is all that maters

As for you girls in J.O.C.K.S. we do appriciate your efforts. Please send a private message to HA-BRAS to send in your generous donations. Both your efforts and your funding counts towards a better tomorrow.

It's never too late to give. Just send a pivate message to HA-BRAS and your wishes will be answered..

Heronimus Anonymus

Director - Bourbon Reaserch Advancement Society

• 1 month later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I just returned from Nashville and I am still suffering from "Microfilm eyes" so I will make this short for now. I had a great trip and learned enough to know that I will return for more research in the future. I want to thank you again for the "Grant". Everybody in Nashville loved it. I will give a more complete report under "Tennessee Whisky" in the near future but I will say that I found out that in Tennessee in the early 1830's two quarts of whiskey could be be bought for 50 cents and paid for with a turkey hen.

Mike Veach

• 1 month later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I want to take this time to thank J.O.C.K.S for aiding me in my research by giving me a place to sleep at night and feeding me a couple of excellent meals. It was a very good trip to Cincinnati and hope to do so again.

Mike Veach

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.