BOTM 12/05: Elijah Craig 12yo

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is this VERY OLD HH only available in KY? Thru the years, my dad had several different bottles of HH around but I never saw this one. Maybe not that old of a bottling? In any event, none that I know of here (West TN). Where can I find it? Maybe an online store is best shot(?)

The Very Old HH is another of those "must buys while in Kentucky" bottles for me and I believe TNbourbon will echo that. Great whiskey at an extremely reasonable price. According to Bettye Jo, it is not bottled very often and that is probably due to its limited distribution. I've never seen it outside KY but maybe someone special orders it somewhere outside the Commonwealth. (This is assuming you're talking about Very Rare Old HH 10 yr in the off white label).

I'll second your opinion - the Very Old HH you speak of is quite nice and very inexpensive. I have only seen it in KY at 100 proof, but I did see some old bottles of the 86 proof in an odd store in Rhode Island recently, so it might have traveled a little bit in the past.

If you ever see the 100 proof, just buy it. It's a fine whiskey at a bargain price.

Happy holidays!

The Very Old HH is another of those "must buys while in Kentucky" bottles for me and I believe TNbourbon will echo that...

The Very Old HH is another of those "must buys while in Kentucky" bottles...

Yes, it's one that seems to be on "the list", from my friends, to pick up for them grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Year after year grin.gifgrin.gif

Bettye Jo

In that I enjoy a well aged bourbon, I think this is a great bourbon at a great price. You can generally find it here in the $15.00 - $18.00 range.

You can always find a bottle of the Elijah Craig 12yr at my home bar.

Todd

EC 12 YO is my pick for the best deal in Bourbon land.

The first time I tried EC12 I found the nose a bit hot and a strong apple flavor.

Often I get oak, carmel, vanilla, a hint of dark beer, more oak, and the great thing is I never know what I am going to get. This is not a change from bottle to bottle. It has to do with my mood and I guess what I have had to eat that day.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!