Happy Repeal Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rughi
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If my memory serves me correctly, today is the anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition in 1933.

This is what FDR really meant when he said "Happy Days are here again."

I especially like that it was Utah that tipped the issue to the good side (got on the good foot?).

Roger

You barely beat me to it, Roger, because I was snapping a shot of my closest-to-Repeal bottling -- a 1934 (thanks to the helpful previous-owner notation on the back, and the '4' on the bottle bottom) Crab Orchard mini, all of "One Year and One Month Old":

post-367-14489812154294_thumb.jpg

Rather and aside, but I guess "Straight" whiskey meant something different in 1934. I see Straight on the label but the contents are less than the two years required by law currently.

The Mormans....who abstain......we're tired of paying income taxes and wanted the "drinkers" to pick up the tab for running the USA again. Economics...pure and simple.

Randy

Hmmmmm, interesting name for a bourbon, Crab Orchard.

One vision is of picking crustaceans from a row of trees and the other is of grasses I'd just as soon eradicate from my yard. Somehow I feel the more accurate of the two would be the latter with a really young bourbon that makes you want to go out and talk to the weeds after drinking it..... puke.gif

Otherwise, Happy Repeal Day to you all as well!

Naw, the multifloral roses planted to fight the dustbowl decades ago choked them all out. Funny but I never saw a flower on a multifloral rose bush. Just thorns.

Tim, Did you drink any of that? If you did, what was it like?

Not yet -- the loss is from evaporation over the years. BobbyC wound up with a similar bottle I had earlier, and I'm waiting to do a joint tasting one night in the chat room.

One vision is of picking crustaceans from a row of trees and the other is of grasses I'd just as soon eradicate from my yard.

I'm waiting for the genetic engineering folks to come up with a lobster tree. stickpoke.gif

There's a Crab Orchard Lake in southern Illinois - I'm guessing crabapple trees may have had something to do with the name. They can certainly be found in my area (including one in my yard).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.