Four Roses Club

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After talking to some people from Four Roses at the KBF, they mailed me an invitation to join their "Mellow Moments Club". I'm not sure if anyone else has seen or heard of this but I thought I'd let people know about it. Seems there are a couple of cool benefits, though they seem to be directly related to touring the distillery.

-Able to purchase a signed bottle of FRSB

-10% discount on gift shop stuff

-VIP tour including(and here's the biggie) a tasting of all FR brands including international brands

-notice of tastings and such.

There is a small catch here that I noticed when filling out the online form...it only allows KY as the state selection.

anyway here's the link: www.mellow-moments-club.us.

Thanks, I signed up. On the "promise to spread the word", I answered - sell outside of KY please!

I signed up a couple of months ago. Today I received 2 nice...unique shaped glasses from them and a Christmas Card. The address label listed my state as KY. I live in Indiana. But, it still got here and they are nice glasses and I do like their single barrel selection.

Jon

I signed up today - you never know what may happen

ME TOO(but my motives are a little different 70358-devil.gif)

Troy.

Wow, after filling this out Sunday, I received my membership card today. I can't believe they're this fast. Apparently this is a very recent club as I'm member number 50.

I'd say part of the reason the club isn't growing quickly is explained in the following emaail I received today -

Dear Mr. Duncan,

Thank you for your on-line application. However, we are afraid that the

membership is limited to our Four Roses fans residing in Kentucky at this

time as all of our club activities and events have been and will be held

only in this state while our products are available only in Kentucky and

neighboring states. We are sorry that was not made clear on our Website and

we will make a correction shortly.

Thank you again for your interest in the Four Roses Mellow Moments Club and

our products. Should you have any further questions or comments, please

feel free to E-mail us at any time.

Sincerely,

Four Roses Distillery

Well, BAH HUMBUG!

Haven't they heard of Mail Order? And people traveling to visit distilleries. Surely they've seen the large groups of foreign tourists that come to distilleries. Those groups come in buy a bottle and half the merchandise in the store. Seems like a free tasting and a Christmas card wouldn't hurt.

Maybe they just don't want anyone out of the country. I just signed up as well:

Welcome to the Mellow Moments Club. Your membership card will be mailed to you shortly.

We would like to ask for your understanding that all of the Mellow Moments Club activities and events will be held in and around our facilities in Lawrenceburg and Cox's Creek for the time being as our products are available only in Kentucky. We appreciate your patience at this time.

If you are planning to visit us or have any questions on our Bourbon or the Club, please feel free to give us a call at 1-877-368-7673 (FOUROSE). Thank you again for becoming a member and all of the Four Roses staff in Lawrenceburg and Cox's Creek are looking forward to seeing you in person in the future.

Sincerely,

Four Roses Distillery

Oh well.

Ken

I received a Christmas Card today from Four Roses after signing up. It is personally signed by Jim Rutledge; very nice touch!

#54 here. And, under separate cover from the membership card/info there was the aforementioned Christmas card signed by Jim Rutledge.

Both envelopes were also correctly addressed to TN, though I was unable to change that option on the signup page -- presumably a reverse lookup of the zip code.

Well, at least the guys that didn't get cards got a civil reply. All I got was a copy of the warrant issued for my arrest that makes mention of a certain skinny dipping episode last September in one of the fermenters. I still don't know where they would have had that camera planted but I swear it wasn't me! Well, not JUST me...

All kidding aside, I'm proud to now carry card 00000062 (I wonder if they actually expect to use all those numbers) as a member since 12/21/2005. Four Roses Single Barrel is a must buy when in Kentucky as far as I'm concerned.

The word is slowly gettin out among us SB.com'ers. I'm #65. My hand-written envelope arrived extremely quickly.

I'm looking forward to a visit to Bardstown sometime soon.....

All kidding aside, I'm proud to now carry card 00000062 (I wonder if they actually expect to use all those numbers) as a member since 12/21/2005. Four Roses Single Barrel is a must buy when in Kentucky as far as I'm concerned.

I'm number #74 and a member since 12/22/2005. I agree with the must buy statement. Can't wait to visit them.

drinking.gif

Chuck

Yesterday I received the e-mail Cam received saying the club was only available to residents of KY and neighboring states. Today I got an e-mail apologizing for the error and my membership card will be mailed out shortly. Both e-mails from Yumiko Roller at Four Roses. smile.giftoast.gif

I'd think that Four Roses would recognize that many of us consider a certain Gazebo in Bardstown as a second home. Wouldn't that make us all Kentucky residents then?????

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.