Four Roses Club

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I signed up today. Fortunately for Chicagoans, the Twisted Spoke on Clark does have a bottle of FRSB, so I could honestly say that I've had it! I did like it a lot.

I wonder what percentage of their membership is from SB.com?

With the rectent influx, problably most of it. I bet Yumiko is wondering what's going on.

Well, it says to spread the word, this seemed like the most efficient way to do so lol.gif

I'm number 78.

First I received an e-mail that I could not join because I lived outside Kentucky. However, later that same day I received another e-mail saying that they would be sending out a menbership card that I got on Friday.

It looks like they are working with us which I was pretty sure they would since I believe Four Roses a class organization.

Todd

Just received my card in the mail...77 woohoo.gif

I too was refused, then granted entry a few hours later...Thanks Yumiko!

thankyousign.gif

dougdog

I too was refused, then granted entry a few hours later...Thanks Yumiko!

Same here, Doug. Just got my membership card. Member # 76!

Thanks, Yumiko!

OK, I'm #53. Anybody want to make a list of all the SBers Four Roses club numbers?

OK, I'm #53. Anybody want to make a list of all the SBers Four Roses club numbers?

One benhind you pal, I'm 52.

Joe usflag.gif

I recently received by Mellow Moments Card and it is #83. I had no problems registering on line, although I live in Pennsylvania.

Doug

• 1 month later...

Received an invite from Jim Rutledge with an attachment that is a .dat file.

I can't open it.

Does anyone know the details?

Dear Mellow Moments Club Members:

Some people did not get the attachment, so I'm resending the message. I hope

it works this time in "plain text."

Jim Rutledge

Okay, it took me a while to get it to open as well, finally managed to get word to open it, though it was an ugly mess. I copied and pasted what I was able to get out of it.

Dear Mellow Moments Club members,

February 22, 2006

Please join me for a Bourbon Seminar at the Four Roses Distillery on Saturday, March 18th. I will give a presentation on the Bourbon making process, and explain the efforts we make to make our Four Roses Bourbons always mellow and always smooth. After the presentation we will tour the distillery and then move to our sensory lab for a tasting session of Four Roses Bourbon and other Bourbon brands. The day will end with a social hour in which you may mingle with fellow Mellow Moments Club members and members of our Four Roses staff.

: Saturday, March 18th, 2006

Time: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM (Registration – 3:45 PM)

Place: Four Roses Distillery

1224 Bonds Mill Road, Lawrenceburg, KY 40330

Cost: $25.00 per person (including seminar fee and hours d’oeuvre)

Please feel free to contact us for any questions.

************** Four Roses Bourbon Seminar Registration Form **************

Name: ___________________________________ Membership Number: ___________

E-mail address: ____________________________

Please fax or mail this form to make a reservation. If you prefer, send your reply via E-mail to HYPERLINK "mailto:info@fourroses.us" info@fourroses.us with your Mellow Moments member number.

Mellow Moments Club

1224 Bonds Mill Road

Lawrenceburg, KY 40342

502-839-3436 (ext. 29)

FYI, in default view your post is within a hair's breadth of being invisible. As you probably know, it's just fine in red2black style.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I just realized that I never received a membership card after registering January 5 and receiving a confirmation email from Jim Rutledge. Perhaps Ann Arbor, "Kentucky" was too much for the postal service. I have emailed him asking for help on this.

Did others who don't live in Kentucky get their cards addressed to the proper state?

Jeff

Any of you think this might be signaling a possible attempt to distribute more widely than Japan and Kentucky? If not, why do this club thing?

Any of you think this might be signaling a possible attempt to distribute more widely than Japan and Kentucky? If not, why do this club thing?

Well, seeing as though they set up membership parameters for only the state of Kentucky I don't know if that's the case. I think what they are trying to do is build a stronger base in their home area by offering added value to their existing clientele who can readily purchase the product. Of course the way we have flocked to this might open their eyes a bit.

Jim Rutledge told me at the festival, they couldn't currently supply a larger market. He also said Four Roses was working hard to increase supply. As supply increased the market here in the states would increase. Alot of there distillate goes to other lables.

I just realized that I never received a membership card after registering January 5 and receiving a confirmation email from Jim Rutledge. Perhaps Ann Arbor, "Kentucky" was too much for the postal service. I have emailed him asking for help on this.

I got a nice email from Yumiko Roller at FR apologizing, and saying that she would send out my card immediately. Then I got a personal followup note from jim Rutledge himself (I had figured that his purported email address was probably handled by someone else), with another nice response to my reply.

Nice to have that kind of personal attention to detail. Wish I could make the March 18 seminar but we're hosting a couple dozen friends for a 24th annual get together that evening. Maybe the next one.

Jeff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.