Four Roses Club

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had to look up mine.  I kept trying for a while and finally got lucky enough to join in 2018.  #3993.  I always just kept missing the opening on the site. 

On 3/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

#425 present and accounted for. ;)

Biba! Joe

#1449 here , looks like membership skyrocketed!!

"Thank you for your interest in the Four Roses Bourbon Mellow Moments Club. Currently, the Mellow Moments Club has reached capacity."

There are several members here in the first 100....like in the 50’s.  Troyce is in the 80’s.  He cheated.  ?  I’m 117... 

Not surprised that Troyce cheated, it's just how he is. That and he's cheap. Hell, I bet if he came to Big Rich's Irish get together last week he brought a 200ml of standard Jameson's to put on the table. :D   (you know we love you Jimmie! You need to post more often!)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

You need to post more often!)

He does.

• I like it 1

On 3/20/2020 at 9:05 PM, Vosgar said:

Not surprised that Troyce cheated, it's just how he is. That and he's cheap. Hell, I bet if he came to Big Rich's Irish get together last week he brought a 200ml of standard Jameson's to put on the table. :D   (you know we love you Jimmie! You need to post more often!)

This retirement gig keeps me pretty busy. !!   And it was 2 200ml bottles of  Jameson..

• I like it 4

13 hours ago, troyce said:

This retirement gig keeps me pretty busy. !!   And it was 2 200ml bottles of  Jameson..

Surprising how busy one becomes, and how quickly it happens, once we pull the plug , eh Jimmie?   ?      (That's a LOT of Jameson!)

I hope you're staying safe, and not hoarding too much JBW, my friend.   Leave a little foir the rest of Jawjah!

On 3/20/2020 at 7:41 PM, Clueby said:

"Thank you for your interest in the Four Roses Bourbon Mellow Moments Club. Currently, the Mellow Moments Club has reached capacity."

Story of my life...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To give a little more perspective on the member count these days, I got lucky late last year, and I was finally able to join the club. My member number is 5679. 

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

To give a little more perspective on the member count these days, I got lucky late last year, and I was finally able to join the club. My member number is 5679. 

With numbers going that high, it explains why it's so tough to get into their special events like the Sneak Peak of the LE SmB in September. For the last few years FR went to a lottery/generator selection process because there are now thousands of Mellow Moments members, and many of them want to go to this event. I know of SB members who were always able to attend for many years who haven't been able to for last 2 or 3. I feel bad for those guys because they really supported FR before the brand became so popular, and now they're just another number in the system. IMO, that just isn't right. They should first and foremost take care of those who helped get the company to where its at now (even Troyce!) and leave any leftover spots for those of us who've only been with them for a relatively short while.

Obviously this is nothing personal Jeff, just stating an opinion. There are other benefits that make being a Mellow Moments member worthwhile and I certainly don't blame anyone for trying to get in!

Edited by Vosgar

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

With numbers going that high, it explains why it's so tough to get into their special events like the Sneak Peak of the LE SmB in September. For the last few years FR went to a lottery/generator selection process because there are now thousands of Mellow Moments members, and many of them want to go to this event. I know of SB members who were always able to attend for many years who haven't been able to for last 2 or 3. I feel bad for those guys because they really supported FR before the brand became so popular, and now they're just another number in the system. IMO, that just isn't right. They should first and foremost take care of those who helped get the company to where its at now (even Troyce!) and leave any leftover spots for those of us who've only been with them for a relatively short while.

Obviously this is nothing personal Jeff, just stating an opinion. There are other benefits that make being a Mellow Moments member worthwhile and I certainly don't blame anyone for trying to get in!

No offense taken Gary. I agree with you to a point, but they also need to bring in new enthusiasts over time to keep growing their brand. Accordingly, the club membership opens up at random times for a few minutes at the beginning of each quarter.  I think they probably let in a certain number each time, and then close the membership until the next quarter. I tried for a year before I finally happened to catch the club website just as it opened for new members last October. I was always a few seconds or minutes late on previous attempts.

They haven’t forgotten those early supporters either. 4R has some special Mellow Moment barrel picks going on soon (maybe they’ve already occurred). Some of the first 100 members are being given the opportunity to participate in these picks that will be made available at the gift shops later this year to Mellow Moment members only on a first come, first served, one per member basis. I’m pretty sure those that participate in the picks will have dibs on a bottle. 

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

They haven’t forgotten those early supporters either. 4R has some special Mellow Moment barrel picks going on soon (maybe they’ve already occurred). Some of the first 100 members are being given the opportunity to participate in these picks that will be made available at the gift shops later this year to Mellow Moment members only on a first come, first served, one per member basis. I’m pretty sure those that participate in the picks will have dibs on a bottle. 

Glad to see this!  As MM# 1304, I wasn't aware they were doing special picks by those early members. Guess I better start paying attention. 

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Glad to see this!  As MM# 1304, I wasn't aware they were doing special picks by those early members. Guess I better start paying attention. 

The picks are a recent development that was announced in the past month or so. 

• I like it 1

On 3/18/2020 at 5:52 PM, jcg9779 said:

Checking in just under the 1,000 mark - member 961 here.

We must have signed up at the same time, I'm 959.

My number #84 is up for sale.   Any of you late comers can have it for a couple of Pappys.   Let me know.

Not a member and stopped trying years ago.  Happy for those that are and nothing against their members for sure, but think FR is screwing the pooch on this.  Sounds like they exclude a LOT of fans by being so restrictive, but have made it big enough that they can't seem to cater to the few thousand that are.  Again - a fair portrayal of a pooch screw by whomever is running it.

17 minutes ago, troyce said:

My number #84 is up for sale.   Any of you late comers can have it for a couple of Pappys.   Let me know.

After he passed, my Old Pappy's ashes were sent off on the surface of the Detroit River where he had enjoyed hand-lining for Walleye, as was his wish; otherwise I might be tempted to offer him for a trade.   

Never did have have more than just the one, though, so I guess I'm out.

2 hours ago, troyce said:

If you don't get what you're asking for, how about a Batch 6 Cody Road? :D

• I like it 2

52 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

If it sounds too good to be true...........

11 hours ago, flahute said:

If it sounds too good to be true...........

.........consider the source. ? ? :lol:

14 hours ago, Vosgar said:

very tempting.......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.