Wild Turkey Rye

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

A few weeks ago I was in Pittsburgh. Went to a liquor store and picked up one of the bottles I've been wanting to try for awhile now -- Wild Turkey Rye.

Just cracked it open yesterday. Verdict? It's very very good. Nice smells -- maybe a little like honey? -- and an incredible finish. Definitely try it if you haven't already. Personally, I think Old Overholt's still my favorite, but this has definitely skipped over Jim Beam Rye to land in second place. (I've, ah, only tried three rye whiskeys, so admittedly it's a short field.)

doug

• 2 weeks later...

WT Rye does indeed have a honey smell to it, as does WT 101. (Personally I think Knob Creek is the honeyest of the bourbons I have tried. No whisk(e)y is as honeyed as Balvenie Double Wood Scotch, though, at least to my senses...)

I have not tried either of the Beam Rye offerings but I have a well-worn bottle of VR 13YO that I prize.

Michael Shoshani

Chicago IL

waiting for the some spare change to collect so I can jump on Chuck Cowdery's alert and get some Old Potrero from Sam's...

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

If you liked Old Overholt(80 proof) try Old Rip Van Winkle Old Time Rye 12 year old(90 proof). I felt that it was smooth like Old Overholt without the burn of Wild Turkey Rye(101 proof). This is probably my favorite Rye.

Linda

http://w3.one.net/jeffelle/whiskey

Chuck Cowdery wrote:

'You've got me stumped. "VR"?'

That shoulda been "VW". I'm thinking Van Winkle, and typing (V)anwinkle ®ye.

MS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.