TN Distilleries

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Besides Jack Daniels and George Dickel, are there any other distillers in TN?

I am going to be near Nashville to meet my in-laws next week, and I reckon I'll need a drink! Seriously, I'd like to tour distilleries while down there, but was wondering if there were any smaller ones. Any info on JD and GD tours from folks who've been there?

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Jack Daniels and George Dickel are the only two distilleries in Tennessee (at least legal distilleries) and they both have very good tours. I have been to both distilleries and I prefer George Dickel but I admit I am a bit prejudice in this case. I used to work for United Distillers and I have taken many visitors to George Dickel for company promotions and I always received the red carpet treatment when doing so, but this is beside the point. Dickel is a very good small distillery tour with freindly people and great whisky (Dickel does not use the "e"). I would compare it to the tour at Maker's Mark. Jack Daniel's also has friendly people but the tour reminds me of touring a whiskey factory more than touring a great small distillery. I have been at Dickel and heard tourist come to Dickel and say "This is what I expected to find at Jack Daniel's".

Mike Veach

• 2 weeks later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

John,

Unfortunately I have not talked to Dave Backus. He sent the Dickel by mail and I did not talk to him on the phone. Flaget Nally talked to them. I did ask around and the official story at U.D. is that it is a temporary closing and tours will be started up again when the distillery starts distilling again. With U.D.'s track record it makes me sad to think about what will really happen.

Mike Veach

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.