Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye

DrinkyBanjo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I already have a current bottling of this but the liquor store I'm going to tomorrow still has some in stock.

Is this hard to find right now? Will it be around for a little while? If it is already becomming scare I might pickup a spare but this is what I have on my mind right now and money is a bit tight:

Pappy Van Winkle 20 (to be saved until my son turns 21 - 21 years from now!)

Evan Williams 1783

Heaven Hill 10 YO (What do you guys think about this?)

Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr 107

Old Weller 107

Wild Turkey Rye 101

...Is this hard to find right now? Will it be around for a little while?..

Yes. And, sort of. Julian is releasing a few hundred cases annually until rye whiskey distilled to his recipe by Buffalo Trace comes of age. It is still several years from 13 years old.

Annual production=few hundred cases; world population=6+ billion -- if you like VWFRR, this is a 'buy-it-when-you-see-it' bottling.

Well, it's certainly rare for me; no distribution I can get to and I've never seen it. But you have a wonderful plan for the PVW 20, and that would be my first priority. I'd then get the rye. Are any of the other ones you list going away?

Bob

Not that I'm aware of, just on my shopping list!

If you want the VWFRR then ping me offline.

i just opened a bottle of the G series.....

I guess I have mixed feeling on it.......I thought it was good, but very close to some of the '03 & '04 Sazeracs I've tried. I was hoping for a more distinct flavor profile.

On the other hand, I paid around $30 for it, so that is quite a bit cheaper than the Saz and it's at least as good. I guess I might buy a couple more bottles, but I'm not going to stock up on it, I'd like to find some of the other series for comparision.

I'd go with the Pappy or Olf Fitz 107 and you can't beat the WT Rye for the price.

Well, it's certainly rare for me; no distribution I can get to and I've never seen it. But you have a wonderful plan for the PVW 20, and that would be my first priority. I'd then get the rye. Are any of the other ones you list going away?

Bob

Seen it quite a bit around here at the large retailers but anticipate it will go quick.

Well unfortuantely the Rye was all gone, but here is what I did pick up:

Pappy Van Winkle 20

Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr 107

Old Weller 107

Wild Turkey Rye 101

Laphroaig Quarter Cask (Islay Malt)

I'm going to take a picture of the little guy with the PVW 20 when I have a minute to show him later in life.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.