Question on Sazerac releases

TomH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm a little confused (not an unusual state for me lately)

I just bought 3 bottles of Sazerac 18 which were just received at a local store this week. Didn't really look to close at the time. Looked at the label last night and saw that it said "Distilled 1984 Bottled 2002".

I checked the bottles I purchased when the fall 05 release came out and they are labeled simply "Fall 2005". I checked the one bottle I have that came from the 2004 fall release and it says "Distilled 1984 Bottled 2004" (doesn't quite add up for an 18 year old but that's what it says).

What release are these newly purchased bottles associated with ? I find it are to comprehend that 2002 bottles have been sitting around BT (or the distributers) all this time and just now found their way to retail.

Tom

Well, bottles do get lost in warehouses from time to time.

Here's a complete list of Saz 18 releases:

1981/2000

1983/2001

1984/2002

NDS/2003

1984/2004

NDS/2005

Timothy,

I bag your parent for a stupid question, but what do the NDS stand for?

Leif

I've actually run across 2001 and 2002 release Sazerac and ER-17's lately. Yes, things do get stuck in the supply chain and resurface years later.

Mike

Much like when we say NAS for "no age statement" this is NDS for "no distilled statement"...Basically I made it up:lol:

Tim,

Thanks for the info....I guess I'll look more closely at new arrivals to see if they are previous releases.

Tom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.