Hoffman House Whiskey from Chicago?

chasking
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My father noticed this ad in a restaurant in Tulsa. In case this is not clear, it is for "Hoffman House Whiskey, the Hamburger Co: Chicago, Ill." He was interested because he has ancestors named Hoffman.

Anybody ever hear of this or know anything about it? A quick Google search has taught me that the Hoffman House was a prominent New York hotel back in the day, and a listing on this site suggests that the whiskey may have been a rye. I had not heard of "the Hamburger Co." as a producer of whiskey, much less a producer in Chicago.

post-697-14489812415174_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
My father noticed this ad in a restaurant in Tulsa. In case this is not clear, it is for "Hoffman House Whiskey, the Hamburger Co: Chicago, Ill." He was interested because he has ancestors named Hoffman.

Anybody ever hear of this or know anything about it? A quick Google search has taught me that the Hoffman House was a prominent New York hotel back in the day, and a listing on this site suggests that the whiskey may have been a rye. I had not heard of "the Hamburger Co." as a producer of whiskey, much less a producer in Chicago.

These two decanters were given to me. A gift from my father in law, Harold :grin: (not long ago). They are sealed and full :grin: :grin: :grin: What makes them so sweet?...They are music boxes :grin: :grin: :grin: one is "Mr. Sandman" and the other is "Danny Boy" :grin: :grin:

Bettye Jo

post-20-14489812609548_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.