white bison

mozilla
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey Yall, this is my first posting with SB.com. I have enjoyed reading everyones great questions and answeres. While visiting twin liquors I found an old decanter of White Bison bourbon. I haven't heard or seen any other bottles with this label. The company hailed from Mo. but the bourbon is of course from Ky. The price was $125 seemed a bit high.

Thanks for the info. jeff mo.

Welcome, Jeff.

McCormick is a distiller in Weston, MO (near K.C.) that does a lot of decanters. Maybe this is one of theirs. They used to make their own bourbon but now buy bulk from Kentucky, so it all fits.

Their web site is here.

Hey Jeff,

I saw that bottle at Twin a few months back. It made me wonder too. It's bound to become the store mascot at that price :)

I've got a couple bottles of this stuff. Never tried it, but seeing as it is McCormick's, it's probably worth more as a novelty than as a drinking bourbon.

I paid about the same for my decanter. Did it have the Walnut box with it too? Jeff and I have both threatened to bring our bottles to the Gazebo but I keep backing off for the same reason Jeff stated above. If this is NOT good bourbon then I'd feel really, really stupid for paying that much.

Are you guys that have it verifying that it is, in fact, McCormick?

If it is, the best you can hope for from the contents is that it's adequate, which would mean they bought it. That said, I'm not sure how long it has been since McCormick actually made whiskey. The bottle I have, which I have had for years, says it was distilled in Illinois, presumably at Hiram Walker before it closed, and it is awful whiskey, the worst I've ever tasted.

Are you guys that have it verifying that it is, in fact, McCormick?

If it is, the best you can hope for from the contents is that it's adequate, which would mean they bought it...

I don't laugh out loud often (more's the pity, I know!), but if that ain't damning with faint praise...

Hey Chuck, Thanks for the trail of bread crumbs. It headed straight to McC. After putting in a call to McC they had no idea where the whiskey came from or any idea of original cost and production amounts. My bottle says it was distilled in Ky. The taste wasn't bad, though, the bottle of Tom Moore I purchased at the same time has seen alot more action so far. BTW I forgot the box at the store. oops! Think I'll get back soon for it.

Found a few jewels in the dust here recently. They are as follows: vvof 12, 90pf (bhc)Louisville: wild turkey 12, 101 from 1994; wlw antique (bhc) Louisville; and old Charter 7 (ring around the neck) and 12 both from louisville. Does anyone know the difference between OC from louisville and frankfort?

Yall have a great weekend! Hook 'em Horns

Jeff Mo.

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of McCormick whiskey in the White Bison decanter. I do have a bottle of McCormick Gold Label bourbon at 80 proof that I would agree is not on par with the majority of bottlings I own, yet I'd drink it gladly if given the choice between it and Arfbag 10. I searched the decanter, presentation box and hang tag and none give the DSP number to verify. But given that it was "bottled for White Bison Bottling" in Weston, Missouri, I'd say that it's a high probability.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.