Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

In Will Smith's movie "Hancock", he's seen flying with a large bottle of something that's hard to determine. Then later, he's in a store and he brings two bottles to the counter, and there you can clearly see that it's Gentleman Jim's Bourbon. I did a search and could not find any info on Gentleman Jim's Bourbon. Is it real, or is it just a brand that was made up for the movie?

I was watching Nigella (Brittish Chef) on the Food Channel yesterday, and she was cooking with Makers Mark.

Seen the movie 100 times, never noticed this until I read this thread...

In the christmas classic, "It's a Wonderful Life" George Bailey orders a 'double bourbon' when he is in the bar with Clarence the Angel(2nd class).

The main character, Gil, in The Hideous Sun Demon orders bourbon twice on camera in the movie, first bourbon and water and then the next time a double bourbon before getting his ass kicked, the brand is never specified.

• 2 weeks later...

In Honeymoon Horror an ad for Benchmark bourbon can be seen in the magazine that Vic is reading in the living room. He and most of the other characters also drink whiskey however they alternate between JD and J&B. J&B shows up in a lot of horror movies, I notice it most in Italian movies, someday I'll have to give it a try even though I'm not a big scotch fan.

At Club Rhino, the bar in Zombie Strippers, the only bourbon that is visible on the shelf is Jim Beam White.

ok.

my wife was watching RED ROCK WEST....dennis hopper i noticed keeps flashing this bottle....what is it? couldn't tell...

Dant? Weller Special Reserve? Old Crow?

it had a white label, round bottle, longish neck....

and he used it to start a fire...it would HAVE to be ... what proof???

Was watching The Sting again last week. Noticed an add for a whiskey on one of the buildings. I believe it was Old Forester, but I'm not 100% positive. Joe

I think it's Ezra Brooks or Old Ezra. I remember noticing it shows up in the bottle, too. There is more whiskey in that film, too... I.W. Harper?

Charles Brooks, father of Andy Brooks, is seen drinking Henry McKenna straight from the bottle while looking over some photos from the good old days, the days before his son went off to Vietnam, got killed, and came back as a bloodthirsty zombie, in Dead of Night (1974, aka Deathdream).

Not in a movie, but the television show Two And A Half Men. Charlie Sheen was giving his brother a slightly hard time for drinking his "good stuff". His good stuff was a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Joe

Not in a movie, but the television show Two And A Half Men. Charlie Sheen was giving his brother a slightly hard time for drinking his "good stuff". His good stuff was a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Joe

You beat me to the punch. I saw this as well and was going to post it. :cool:

I have seen WildTurkey, Knob creek, as well as many scotches on this show. His bar is located to the right of the kitchen and is in the back ground behind the couch that he watches TV. Good show by the way.

Multiple tax stripped bottles of Black Crow Bourbon are seen being poured from by Dussander throughout the movie Apt Pupil. There’s even a scene where we see him coming out of a liquor store with, presumably, several bottles in his cart to add to his stash by the cellar stairs. Whether sitting back telling Todd his stories about his time in the German army during WWII or murdering a homeless man whom he thought was on to him, Dussander keeps his Black Crow at close hand and in good supply!

There is a brand called Black Crow but I could find very little info on it, the partial picture (all I could find) I saw of the label on one for sale didn't look the same as the one in the movie at all though. I wonder if this is a real label or a fake label with a coincidental name... (the first one is from the movie, the second is the real one)

post-1438-14489815179268_thumb.jpg

post-1438-14489815179383_thumb.jpg

The label is so similar to at least one iteration of the Old Crow label that I suspect it is a fake, made for the movie, by modifying an Old Crow label. It could be an actual knock-off brand, but it's so close that I think Beam would have sued, ala Brown-Forman's suit against Barton for Ridgewood Reserve.

The label is so similar to at least one iteration of the Old Crow label that I suspect it is a fake, made for the movie, by modifying an Old Crow label.

Kind of figured that was the case. I could swear I've seen older Old Crow in the same or similar bottles and that label is very similar to the current label. Odd how it's got a tax strip, the movie is from the late 90's and I think it takes place present day. Oh well, maybe he's hoarding dusties, he does have that stash by the cellar steps. :]

I think it might be bonded but it's hard to see since it's an old movie on a cheap DVD however there is a bottle of Old Grand Dad in Nathan's office in the movie Horror Hotel (aka The City of the Dead). Shortly after we see a bottle of Philadelphia Blended Whiskey being used to make Barlow a rye and soda at Professor Driscoll's house.

It's hard to tell (poor picture quality...) but I believe Mr Linden offers Mary a bit of his tax striped Old Crow to mix into her coffee in Carnival of Souls (1962).

In Amsterdamned Martin orders a bourbon at the diving club's bar, later in the movie victim #5 is seen with a bottle of Four Roses Bourbon shortly before meeting his end.

• 2 weeks later...

In the dismal Macabre a George Dickel billboard is seen as Jane is walking back to her apartment from the lingerie store, shortly after we see her blind landlord, Robert, give her a hefty pour of Four Roses Bourbon while she takes a bath.

There is a bottle of Makers Mark in the movie Smart People with Ellen Page. It is probably a coincidence that her character in Juno jokingly asks for a Makers Mark strait up when she is talking to the future adoptive parents of her unborn child.

Mirrored signs for Kentucky Derby Blue Grass Bourbon and Louisiana Belle Rye Whiskey hang on the wall in Gisella's apartent in the movie Strip Nude for your Killer. I can find these signs for sale online however that's all I can find, no mention of these being real brands...