Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

In an episode of The Simpsons, a Texas business man comes in to Moe`s and says: "Give me a bottle of bourbon, I got a new liver to break in!"

In the perfect date night movie "He's really not into you" there is a number of bar scenes. You can see good ole Wild Turkey 80 proof on the shelf. I could not make out any other bottles other than an Irish whiskey Jameson. By the my wife loved the movie. I was glad when it finally ended.

Gothbat I hate to bring this up but you watch some strange movies

hehe, you should see the ones that, due to lack of bourbon, don't make this thread! ;]

In an episode of The Simpsons, a Texas business man comes in to Moe`s and says: "Give me a bottle of bourbon, I got a new liver to break in!"

Ah, that reminds me of another early episode, where Marge accidentally steals a bottle of Colonel Kwik-E-Mart's Kentucky Bourbon from the Kwik-E-Mart and goes to jail.

Another not-quite-the-movies moment, but on the show House, the main character drinks some sort of whiskey at home in a few episodes. The bottle is pretty clearly a MM bottle (based on the shape), but the label isn't visible and there is no wax around the neck or lid.

Another not-quite-the-movies moment, but on the show House, the main character drinks some sort of whiskey at home in a few episodes. The bottle is pretty clearly a MM bottle (based on the shape), but the label isn't visible and there is no wax around the neck or lid.

So Shawn, did you ever get to try that Distiller's Masterpiece at Nicholson's, when you graduated Law School? :D

Just playing. I see that you have been a long-time member, but don't get back that often. Here's hoping you stop around more often! :toast:

Cheers!

Here's another date night movie. In "New In Town" the plant manager goes into a bar and orders "Makers Mark UP please". He is given a shot glass full which he proceeds to shoot. Also the Renee Zelwigger charcter gets falling over drunk on some brown sprirt. I could not make out what the bottle was but I am guessing some kind of Scotch.

Not sure if this one has been mentioned but Maker’s Mark is the choice drink of the Goblin and his son in Spiderman.

The most spirited cameo in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man also appeared in the director's 2000 The Gift. No, it's not Spidey cocreator Stan Lee, but a bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon. Raimi declines to comment, but Spider-Man production designer Neil Spisak says: ''It's a favorite of Sam's -- though I never saw anything consumed on the set.'' Willem Dafoe takes a swig after his Green Goblin tears up Times Square. The unsolicited plug surprised Maker's prez Bill Samuels (placements can cost up to $50,000). He doesn't even mind that it was the bad guy's booze. ''The villain is most appropriate for us,'' says Samuels. ''We've always operated on the edge of sanity.''

Directors Trademark: [Sam Raimi] apparently Maker's Mark appears in most of Raimi's movies.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000600/

So Shawn, did you ever get to try that Distiller's Masterpiece at Nicholson's, when you graduated Law School? :D

Just playing. I see that you have been a long-time member, but don't get back that often. Here's hoping you stop around more often! :toast:

Alas, I never tried it, though, as I noted in another post, I did get some Pappy20yro. Still working my way through that bottle, now 7 years down the road.

I hope to stay a little more active, but I'm busy, busy, busy.

I got a couple bottles of the Geo. T. Stagg for Christmas this year. Here's to hoping it lives up to the reputation!

This thread has kept me looking but I still can't remember the last time I saw a bourbon label in a movie. Haven't found one yet..... BB

In Splatter Farm (The Cult Classic Edition) we see a montage of Joseph drinking OGD (I think it's BIB but the picture is blurry) in various places (hammock, porch, couch, bathtub, etc...) before his twin brother picks him up and they head off to see Aunt Lacey at the farm.

It wasn't a movie, but if you watched New Year's Eve from Times Square, Maker's Mark had major placement behind the bands playing. The Maker's bottle looked two stories tall!

Also, in NCIS, Leroy Jethro Gibbs always has a bottle of bourbon on his workbench in his basement. Lately, it's been a bottle of Maker's with the label and wax stipped off.

I've noticed bourbon bottles in many tv shows lately...How I Met your Mother always has a few.

In the episode 24, one of the congressmen made the comment that he had learned "if it aint made in Kentucky, it isn't bourbon."

Actually, it was the White House Chief of Staff who was trying to ingratiate himself with a Senator.

This post has already drifted into TV so I'm going to drift it even further...

For some reason, on Wednesday's episode of Days of Our Lives, behind the bar where Max Brady works there was a jug of Platte Valley Corn Whiskey, of all things.:confused:

I was watching Two and Half Men last night and they were sitting at their kitchen table drinking pours from a Woodford Reserve bottle and a large 1.5? Litre handle next to it. Couldn't see what the handle was but i think it was bourbon...

also I saw in the most recent episode of Two and 1/2 Men where Charlie pours some Woodford Reserve into a travel coffee mug before heading to his girlfirends house to bring her back some cloths and clean out the kitty litter.

Alan had to drive because Charlie was drinking his bourbon.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as I got back from getting myself a snifter of WLW ('08) and unpaused the movie a funny mention of bourbon is made in Evil Dead Trap (Shiryo no wana), see caps. (Don't worry, about 7 minutes later Kondou seems to redeem himself with her...) :]

post-1438-1448981546438_thumb.jpg

post-1438-14489815464565_thumb.jpg

post-1438-14489815464749_thumb.jpg

post-1438-1448981546438_thumb.jpg

post-1438-14489815464565_thumb.jpg

post-1438-14489815464749_thumb.jpg

Later in the same movie, Evil Dead Trap, one of the characters lights his cigarette that has some cosmetics and a bottle of Wild Turkey on it. I'm not sure which one because we don't see the whole bottle.

I know King Pin has been brought up before and I don't know if anyone said anything about this its been awhile sense i looked through the whole thread.

At the end of the movie when woody is pouring out the Jim beam you can see another label in the cabinet. It is a white triangle shaped label with a red strip going through it. any ideas?

Later in the same movie, Evil Dead Trap, one of the characters lights his cigarette that has some cosmetics and a bottle of Wild Turkey on it. I'm not sure which one because we don't see the whole bottle.