Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

On 11/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, dean_martin said:

Hitch-Hike is a 1977 Italian film with Franco Nero (Django) which is set in Northern California.  Unfortunately, the Italian filmmakers did not have the funding to shoot in the US so they shot it in Italy in an area that resembled the NorCal setting.  They changed road signs to English, etc. and we're mostly convincing except for the anachronism in the screen shot.  Can you guess what's wrong in this scene?

1104211515.jpg

This is a cool picture.  If I was a big enough FR fan boy I’d make it my avatar.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

been watching the morning show with my wife. very topical these days. Few scenes making the point that ORVW10  and VW lot B 12 year were being enjoyed. very clearly and obviously in the shots.

“Curb Your Enthusiasm” season 11, episode 3. 

After arriving at a dinner party, Vince Vaughn’s Freddy Funkhouser pops a bottle of Woodford Reserve and pours himself a nice and neat two fingers. 

What a great show. Good bourbon, too. 

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 11:36 PM, Rhettro said:

“Curb Your Enthusiasm” season 11, episode 3. 

After arriving at a dinner party, Vince Vaughn’s Freddy Funkhouser pops a bottle of Woodford Reserve and pours himself a nice and neat two fingers. 

What a great show. Good bourbon, too. 

Bottle of Buffalo Trace on Larry's bar cart a couple episodes ago as well.

• I like it 1

Is that the 8 year old 101.

Man, I watched most of those Seinfeld episodes when they were new, Thursday evenings on NBC.

Larry David was recently on Finding Your Roots.  It turns out, some of his ancestors were German Jews, moved to Alabama, owned slaves, served in the Confederate Army. 🤣🤣🤣

It was news to Larry.  You can't make this stuff up. 

• 3 weeks later...

A little late 90's product placement on an episode of Nash Bridges that I stumbled across while channel surfing this weekend. 

1146471119_PXL_20211226_2333000962.thumb.jpg.0eedb78d54497582f8eada70065c85b6.jpg

Edited by dad-proof

• 3 months later...

For All Mankind

My new nickname for OGD.  "Rocket Fuel."

tumblr_4d58ee81449a2705a3db8ce3fa39d3f8_b3fbd271_400.gif

Edited by Shizzy
Correct a fat finger.
  • I like it 1

On 11/18/2021 at 8:23 PM, steven s said:

been watching the morning show with my wife. very topical these days. Few scenes making the point that ORVW10  and VW lot B 12 year were being enjoyed. very clearly and obviously in the shots.

Just finished both seasons and yeah saw them drinking the pappy after the party at a table neat

Edited by Peprsprayyoface

also season 2 episode 5 of ozark. Buddy pouring himself and wendy a bourbon. looks to be a Pappy 15. She says "wow this is good". He says "yeah I've been saving this one"

• I like it 2

Just watched the Burt Reynolds film, "The Last Movie Star" that came out in 2017, just a year before his death.  His character goes to a film festival in Nashville and escapes to a closed bar and pours himself Blanton's.

BTW, I recommend the movie.  Best performance I have ever seen from him.

• 3 months later...

We watched the Amazon Prime movie "Coherence" on Friday night, and on the table in the house is a whole case of CEHT (couldn't make out the specific type though).   They only showed the box, though, not the bottles.

• 11 months later...
19 hours ago, Mano said:

A scene in this weeks "Secret Invasion" featured a bottle of PVW.

fury.jpg

I believe Nick Fury purports to have spent $5000 for the bottle in the scene.

I didn't know where else to put this... so here goes...

The new 'Justified' mini-series (total of only 8-episodes, I understand) begins airing Tuesday night on the FX channel.    I believe it's called; Justified, The City Primeval, and is set in Detroit, MI (though it's all filmed in/around Chicago except for a few set-shots.    The first two episodes air back-to-back, then (I think) one every Tuesday.    I'm sure it's gonna show some Bourbon.   It is Raylan Givens, after all; right?

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

"Florida Man" on netflix  showed some Blanton's in a couple bar scenes.  

image.jpeg.6d4ce3c80caee228d92e670c6ba5b79e.jpeg

Edited by Mule Skinner

Watching The Shining tonight and Jack asks Lloyd the bartender for a bottle of bourbon, a glass, and some ice. Lloyd pours him Jack Daniels.

• I like it 2

• 5 months later...

This afternoon I watched an old episode of Expedition Unknown from 2015. Josh was looking for the tomb of Gengis Kahn. While waiting overnight, the locals and Josh’s team ate and started sharing drinks. The locals brought out a homemade spirit. Josh’s crew  mentioned good old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. They brought out a bottle of Heaven Hill 6 yr BIB. 😎

• I like it 5

And another one. This is from a commercial for a local furniture store.  Sitting by the fire drinking bourbon talking about their current deals. Can’t tell which Pappy it is.

IMG_3578.thumb.jpeg.b654a4c70e0c3072364a11654f84fb8a.jpeg

• I like it 1