Ron Lewis Bill

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Kentucky Rep. Ron Lewis is introducing a bill to LOWER (I repeat, LOWER) the excise tax on distilled spirits. It has a lot of oppostion, including from the beer industry who does not want a level playing field when competing with distilled spirits. If you are not associated with the beer industry and would like to pay less for your bourbon, call your congressman and ask him or her to support this effort to lower the tax.

Mike Veach

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Even better than that I'll go to my congressmans local meeting that he holds once a quarter and ask him face to face to support the lowering of the tax.

Mike what's the bill number on that? H.R. ????

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Sorry Linn,

I can't find Friday's Courier-Journal with the editorial that talks about the bill. I think it got thrown out, but I don't remember it giving the H.R. #. The editorial was written by Brown-Forman and Maker's Mark (1 company from each district that makes bourbon) and was a response to the courious journal writing against this bill. It shows you how far down the paper has sunk since Gannet bought it from the Binghams. It use to be the most respected paper in the south and now it is a piece of crap that does not even represent the city in which it is published, let alone the south.

Mike Veach

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.