Favorite snack alongside your bourbon

highlife
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I recently made some peanut brittle, I discovered the caramel and vanilla go well with bourbon.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually do not eat anything with bourbon, but sometimes I enjoy the company of a piece of dark chocolate. Once I had a dark chocolate with almond pieces and it was really good.

I agree that chocolate is a great companion to bourbon....

However, instead of a "snack-with" bourbon, I usually use some not-too-sweet dark chocolate as a transition from dinner to my first glass of bourbon after dinner.

It really seems to give me a cleansing of the mouth where the food-into-bourbon might taint the first glass on the tongue

• 7 months later...

I rarely eat ice cream, but for some reason I absolutely love a little bit of vanilla ice cream with (or after) some bourbon. I don't like to eat much else with it usually, though I might have to give some of these suggestions a try.

• 2 months later...

My favorite way to enjoy bourbon is right after sex, along with some cookies or chocolate. It doesn't get much better than that.

Sorry, was that directed at me?

Yes it was. One of your first posts is about bourbon and cookies after sex?!?! You might want to introduce yourself in the Newbie forum.

Since I'm still palate training, I'm mostly in the "I usually don't eat anything with bourbon" camp, but the other night I raided the bowl of Halloween leftovers and came up with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Quite tasty with whatever I was drinking that night (EC12, I think).

Sorry, didn't know this was such a formal place. I'll find it...

Personally I thought the post about having bourbon and cookies after sex was very interesting. There have been threads before about when you prefer to drink your bourbon and I have never read after sex. Interesting indeed and 2 things answered in one post (snack and occasion).

Leif

Thanks, Leif. I'm glad someone found it interesting.

I see that you're Swedish... on a side note, I got turned on to my favorite bourbon, Booker's, by a Swedish musician named Mats Gustafsson, who likened his experience drinking Booker's to hearing Peter Brotzmann's album Machine Gun the first time.

well, i'm not so forward, but i do like to read about tantric history when sipping....(and no, tantra isn't about s** :grin: )

no, seriously, though i am no prude, i admit, my bourbon tasting, IF accompanied with food, happens about 10 minutes AFTER engaging in salacious, scandalous nibbles of......DARK chocolate. i mean it! no hidden meanings there! actual chocolate!!

and for less pronounced pours (like good ole bushmills), a good sharp cheese and table water crackers works...along with quality pretzels!

That's not nearly as scandalous as your signature...

I love Pound... my favorite is Erat Hora:

"Thank you, whatever comes." And then she turned

And, as the ray of sun on hanging flowers

Fades when the wind hath lifted them aside,

Went swiftly from me. Nay, whatever comes

One hour was sunlit and the most high gods

May not make boast of any better thing

Than to have watched that hour as it passed.

• 4 weeks later...

Here I go again, reviving an old thread. Favorite snack with bourbon for me is Planter's Deluxe Mixed Nuts. Planter's just does it right every time out.

I love Pound, too, but only because he led me to Li Po, which led me to Tu Fu and beyond.

Cheers!

Jeff is spot on. pistachios. Also MM's the peanut butter ones(My Fav). regular potato chips or pretzels work too.

Good pretzels work with anything, they're one of my favorite snacks of all time. Never tried bourbon with soft pretzels, though. I grew up outside of Philly where the soft pretzel vendors on the street served 'em hot with cheap yellow mustard. Damn, I'm gonna cry, I miss those things!!!!

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.