New Michter Products

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I saw something interesting last night at Sam's. Actually, two things. Michter's Bourbon and Michter's Rye. Both 10 years old. The bourbon is $31.99, the rye is $33.99. I didn't pick up either, and didn't have my glasses so I couldn't read the label except for the big stuff. I did note that Lawrenceburg is the city of origin, which tells me Julian is bottling it. Is it really Michter's? I don't know. Does anyone know anything about this new product?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Chuck,

I don't know anything, but I'll tell you, this thread is one I'll be watching with bated breath. Think of it - a 10-year-old potstilled Pennsylvania rye. When I taste that then I'll have hope that there's still a panther in Panther Hollow at Pitt, and that the Nittany lion still looks down from Bald Eagle Ridge at the Penn State campus. Let it be so, and let the bureaucrats at the Pa. LCB get smart for once and bring home a good Pennsylvania rye.

Ralph Wilps

I saw these on the shelf at Premier Liquors in Buffalo a few weeks ago. I asked several folks at the store if they knew anything about them, but all I got in reply were shrugged shoulders and deer-caught-in-the-headlights stares. I was sorely tempted to buy one of each, but my cart was already full. I, too, would be very interested in more info.

Slainte,

SJ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.