Saturday Afternoon Smoke

DrinkyBanjo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today I broke out my Partagas Serie D no. 4 that I've been saving for over a month now. When I purchased it the salesman recommended it as a cigar that would hold up well to whiskey and today I decided to put that to the test.

I finished up my chores around the yard and figured it was time to relax. I went for the smoke and needed something that could match it. Being that the new Antique Collection is coming out I figured it was time to take advantage of the remainder of my Sazerac 18. With cutter, lighter, cigar, and whiskey in hand I headed out to my patio to enjoy the sun and breeze on this cool autumn day.

Well let's just say nothing disappointed. Since I've come back from Ireland I've smoked three different Cubans. All have been good but to me I've purchased better around here...until today that is. This smoke was superb. It lit and smoked flawlessly and matched up nicely with the Sazerac 18. It had a perfect draw that lasted throughout the smoke. Some of my prior Cubans have had tough draws and required re-lighting half way through. Not this one. The pairing went so well that the Sazerac only lasted halfway. So I went back inside for a pour of William Larue Weller. The Weller matched up well too and for the potency of the pour it went down very, very easily. However, it just wasn't as tasty as the Sazerac but it was delicious none the less.

So, all in all this was an hour well spent and now I'm extremely relaxed to say the least. What can I possibly do with the rest of my day to match this?

If I did have another, which I do not, I would definitely save it for another day. Too good to have two in one day.

• 9 months later...

Here's a quick recommendation of a little known cigar brand. J.L. Salazar y Hermanos from CubanCrafters.com. For the price this cigar is amazing. Some have even compared it to Cubans. I was pleasantly surprised by the complex yet smooth taste and great aroma. I wouldn't necessarily recommend other Cuban Crafters cigars, but this one is a great deal.

• 1 month later...

Partagas Serie D No4 are realy something special arent they? One of the finest pairing I have ever experienced was a PSD4 coupled with WL Weller 19 year. AMAZING!

TomC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.