Oh My RYE!!!

shaggy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

:hot::hot::hot::hot:

It was destined to happen. I had taken it for granted 1 too many times. The Baby Saz finally broke up on me. I had it in the front floorboard of my truck, double bagged, next to a 175 of WLW SR 7 y/o... The baby is too fragile to roll around with the big bottle...

Luckily my winter floor mats kept 85% of it from getting in the floor. I decided to get creative with my sadness and dead bottle of rye on my hands... check out my pics of despair.:smiley_acbt:

post-1890-14489812713523_thumb.jpg

post-1890-14489812713766_thumb.jpg

As the old saying goes "Don't cry over spilled milk it could have been whisky". Time to put the knife back in the block now.

bj

:893drillsergeant-thATTENTION TO AWARD!!:893drillsergeant-th

The purple heart is hereby awarded post-humously to Sazerac Rye Jr. He suffered his fatal wound while completeing his mission, and returning home. Saz Jr, you are not forgotten.

*TAPS*

This concludes the ceremonies, feel free to pay last respects.

:893drillsergeant-thCarry on.:893drillsergeant-th

post-1582-14489812714889_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have suffered an even greater loss......a 2005 Saz 18 :hot: as a result of leaving it in the wrong place one time too many. Actually, it happened Thanksgiving weekend. It has taken me this long to be able to even talk about it. My error occured while rearranging the bunker. Had bottles everywhere on the floor and left that one out of position. The next morning I was moving a plant out of the way in the room and one branch was big enough to bump it over. Wonderful 18YO Rye speading out over the floor amidst broken glass! First emotion was explosive anger :hot: soon followed by great sadness......nearly brought me to tears off & on for days. Only myself and the plant to blame. I decided to not cut my wrists but the green plant suffered the fate of a 17 degree overnight temperature death soon afterwards. It is out beside the storage room now.....brown & dead.....a grim reminder each morning & evening of the death of a great bottle.

Still makes me sick in the gut! It was a 1 and only bottle! Picked it up in east Tennessee last summer while on vacation. None to be found anywhere now. :hot:

My heartfelt condolences.

I think the only thing you can do is go buy the best bottle you can, don't get something out of the bunker, and drink it in your Saz 18 2005's memory. In your state of mind, I wouldn't advise going on a bender, but drink that bottle up without undue haste. Oh, and get rid of that plant.

Ed

I left that broken bottle laying on my back porch for about 2 weeks and it reminded me every morning when I went to work and came home about breaking that bottle. I had about 5 people see it and ask what happened. My wife finally tossed it in the recycle bin when I wasn't home one day. I came home and asked where it had gone. She said it was time to stop grieving and put this behind me. I have yet yo buy another bottle of Baby Saz. I think the fear of breaking it is still there. Next time I am going to treat it like an egg while transporting it!

I lost a Pappy 23! I told my story in a thread in the past, but can't find it right now. I seriously almost broke down in tears!

YES, that is the post!

Ironically, that car was having issues (maybe it was saddened by the Pappy 23 loss too??) so I gave it to my brother and I got a new, used car. No spills in that one....yet...I hopefully never!

My heartfelt condolences.

Oh, and get rid of that plant.

Ed

Excellent advice......done.......thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.