My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

dave ziegler

Jono I will e mail them every other week if I think they are listening as If they got someone to Distill the mash Bill and age it for the Old Hickory 10 yr 86 Proof stuff that they made in 1961 which I have some do to Ludy giving it to me, I will tell you People would wait in line with pleasure to have a shot of it. And if you wanted a smooth drinking Whiskey to have a few Old Hickory 6 yr 80 Proof is awesome stuff so dam Smooth I never wanted to buy anything Else and also It kept me working too!

People today who never drank our products can say what they want we had some of the Very Best Stuff on the market those days and the prices were so good that it was part of the trouble our stuff was highly Reasonable. The Company wanted it to be afordable to anyone who wanted a great Whiskey or other Spirits!

One of the Biggest problems we did not have many good people in management after Mr Neuman died and some wrong people took control and Continental is gone but I will always be looking for vintage Old Hickory till I leave this world!

It Was a Magnificent Bourbon!

Another Pair of Great Bourbons we made were Haller's County Fair BIB and other Proof ones too and Charter Oak Bourbon. We also Made A good Bourbon called Planters Club I never Had any of that one.

And Who could forget our Rittenhouse Rye, the new stuff is good but I still think ours was better.

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest people drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

---------------------------------------------

This Cold weather makes me think of Our Liqour's, we had some of the Finest Liqour's and some great Brandies too! One of Our Biggest selling Brandies was our Continental Black Berry Brandy it was better then any of the one's out today,and of course our Amaretto Lolita was so famous then that it was seen in Movie props and mentioned in some old Movies! A friend not long ago was watching an Old Movie and the guy asked the Lady what do you have I need a drink of something and the first thing she said was Amaretto Lolita!

Our Caffe Lolita was our biggest seller I have found papers in the Plant where different State Liqour stores were asking why they could not get caffe Lolita any more, it is now made by someone else but I doubt it is as good as ours of Which I have 1 1/2 Bottles yet I do not Have any of the Amaretto but Luckly I do have lots of my favorite that we Made which as anyone who reads my Writting knows is Peanut Lolita.

Some Cold Mornings in The Plant some Hot coffee from the break room machine and some of one of the liqours would hit the spot! On days like this we would bundle up real good in our Sub Zero Coats as it could feel colder inside then out those cold days. The Cold wind would come up from the river and there was always a bit of a breeze coming up through between the two rows of warehouses behind the Big Bottling house.

On days like this our Nurse would have more then one Coffee and Bourbon!

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

-----------------------------------------------------

I thought y'all heated the warehouses durring the winter, Dave? Bourbon won't age very well under 45 degrees or so. What is the story there?

How did y'all plow the snow from inbetween buildings and on your rail system? Were you distilling year round or just bottling year round?

Thanks.

Jeff All the Distilling in the Years I worked there was done in Phila at Dsp Pa-1 in Phila all year round. The Kinsey Dsp-pa-12 & 10 were not Run after early 1951. As for the Warehouses they had some heat and fans to move the air around year round but it was still cold for us working in there in winter as the materials used to build them Terracota and Cement and 2 foot thick walls sealings and floors. The Fans had a sort of Thermostate to kick them in and out to move the heated air around so the aging Whiskey would not be to cold or Hot. These design's were built into them in the early 1940's when Continental built them. When we worked some of them also had a thermostate that you could turn up to warm things up a little bit more when you worked in that building. You would hear the fans running off and on all the time and they too were explosion proof in design and wiring and switching.

If you look at some of my eariler pictures you can see the Air Vents and places where the Fans were on the outside walls. They the 13 regular ones and the Big Bottle house Building U Had no windows at all. The Warehouse O Being also the offices of the Government Men had some windows and a different set up but the upstairs floors had the same fan set up and heat elements and No windows.

All Heat traveled to the Warehouses by way of an in air on uprights asbestos covered Hot Steam line and it went from all the way out front at the boiler rooms to the very back to the Water Intake room were they pumped water out of the river for fire fighting, That room had hot water pipe elements in it to, and even heat traveled up to the roof of Building Q to the Fire safety Room if you look at my Pictures there you will see a heat element there on the wall too!

Sadly the system of heat traveling in Pipes on up rights is part of the reason it cost so much to run the place. Plus today it is a no,no to have pipes covered with asbestos. Also the type of Elevators in the warehouses were made to load Barrels on the cradels and there was no way to put anything Else on the top floors except to lift it by Chain hoist through the big doors in the walls on the upper floors.

Dave Z

----------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

Jeff All the Distilling in the Years I worked there was done in Phila at Dsp Pa-1 in Phila all year round. The Kinsey Dsp-pa-12 & 10 were not Run after early 1951. As for the Warehouses they had some heat and fans to move the air around year round but it was still cold for us working in there in winter as the materials used to build them Terracota and Cement and 2 foot thick walls sealings and floors. The Fans had a sort of Thermostate to kick them in and out to move the heated air around so the aging Whiskey would not be to cold or Hot. These design's were built into them in the early 1940's when Continental built them. When we worked some of them also had a thermostate that you could turn up to warm things up a little bit more when you worked in that building. You would hear the fans running off and on all the time and they too were explosion proof in design and wiring and switching.

If you look at some of my eariler pictures you can see the Air Vents and places where the Fans were on the outside walls. They the 13 regular ones and the Big Bottle house Building U Had no windows at all. The Warehouse O Being also the offices of the Government Men had some windows and a different set up but the upstairs floors had the same fan set up and heat elements and No windows.

All Heat traveled to the Warehouses by way of an in air on uprights asbestos covered Hot Steam line and it went from all the way out front at the boiler rooms to the very back to the Water Intake room were they pumped water out of the river for fire fighting, That room had hot water pipe elements in it to, and even heat traveled up to the roof of Building Q to the Fire safety Room if you look at my Pictures there you will see a heat element there on the wall too!

Sadly the system of heat traveling in Pipes on up rights is part of the reason it cost so much to run the place. Plus today it is a no,no to have pipes covered with asbestos. Also the type of Elevators in the warehouses were made to load Barrels on the cradels and there was no way to put anything Else on the top floors except to lift it by Chain hoist through the big doors in the walls on the upper floors.

Dave Z

Last Night I had some of one of my Bottles of the New Heaven Hills made Rittenhouse Rye it is a wonderful Rye for the price But it is not like Our Rittenhouse rye which was like the old 1942 bottled Mount Vernon Rye I found at the flee market. It is very good and rye flavor but our Rittenhouse had the taste of Fresh Rye bread, carmel and malt and the Old National Distilling Bottle of Rye has that quality to like ours did.

I still tend to think that our rye had something about the mass bill that brought that flavor out. When I have a shot of the Old Mount Vernon distilled 1936 bottled 1942 100 Proof the taste of fresh chewy Rye bread hits your Mouth with caramel and malt. When I cracked it open it took me back to Warehouse D where I had my very first Rye whiskey from a barrel that was about 6 yrs aged and I have not tasted any Rye made today that was the same. And even though it is 100 proof you can just sit and sip it and no need for water or anything else just straight and thats the way I like Rye to be, Dam mixing the water with it just shoot it down slowly and savoir it!

The Old Warehouse D was barely heated with brick walls one or two windows toward the river side and good old wooden racks 48 gal barrels and held the best Rye and Bourbon in the Plant when I started. Our traffic director Bonda got all his whiskey each morning from the old warehouses and He knew his whiskeys having worked there his whole life.

The Whiskey That Continental Used to make their 20 year Old Aniversary Old Hickory came from barrels in warehouse D from the very early 1950's and most likely were Distilled at Kinsey in Dsp-pa-12 and the Rye at Dsp-pa-10

Dave Z

------------------------------------------------------------

Dave, be sure to let us know of any email reply by Luxco...we can start an email campaign for the Old Hickory revival if that is what it takes!

Jono That is a great Idea I have not heard anything from them yet but sometimes these things take time as People are very busy. I remember hearing and reading about the past get together in Ky of the Group I think the spring one and someone took Old Hickory to it and Everyone Liked it alot. In fact someone said a man who was a Distiller for many years tried it and said it was Dam good Whiskey! If anyone remembers who that was or tasted it then I would welcome their comments. I am sure that there is someone who could come up with the right mash bill to make it again. Mr Medley made it for a while after he used up what we sold him in bottles and barrels!

I have drank his and it was dam close to the way ours was. I can't say what it is but there something special about that Whiskey in taste and mild Smoothness and all the years I got it regularly it was always top notch.

People would stick to it instead of trying others as they were pleased with it. I have had the 86 proof 10 year and the 80 proof 6 yr and they are Dam Smooth all the way down, I had some of it out of the barrels to be used to and we also had a 100 proof which I never got to try and of course the 20 yr old Aniversary bottling which I never got an of either sadly.

I think if Luxco would find someone that would make it with maybe help from Mr Medley on the Mass bill and left it age for about 6 yrs it would be awesome stuff. When they got started they could just start with some good Older Whiskey and and state that they were bringing it back and that in a couple of years it would be just like the old days and I think it would sell that way till the new batches came out.

There are enough people like me that would buy it because of our love for it back in the day and once they started moving it time would move on and then the happy day when the New 6 yr old stuff has become ready and they could have a special rentroduced bottle with a History of the brand booklet and special labels and maybe even put a fake old time seal on those bottles.

I would buy plenty of it and their are many people I talk to in my work in the office that remember it well. Back in the Old Days the old Pa State stores had special large shelves for it in all sizes there are plenty of people living yet that drank it and they would tell there friends and family about the brand coming back and once people tried it more people would. In its time it was One of The Most Famous Bourbons around, Continental got the name from a distiller out west and turned the brand after Prohibition ended into a household word.

We even Had a large bottle House in Lemont IL that bottled our Old Hckory to sell out west and in Ca. It went oversea's and I guess that is why I never tried some of our other Bourbons because Old Hickory was so dam good. I do know one thing It was different from all our other Bourbons we did not use the same Mash Bill for it as Haller's or the others it had its own special one and that is why it stood out.

If People wanted to mount a e mail campaine to Luxco if they have the brand and we hear from them then I would be proud to help to get it going, I would love while I am still living to drink some brand new Old Hickory and I am finding it very Hard to get any of it anymore. If It comes to that I could use your Help as you find all these Links and sites so well.

Then if It ever comes back the next thing would be trying to get Pa to carry it!

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------------

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

----------------------------------------------------------

Dave, let us confirm that they own the brand and that they have the recipe.

Your commentary on Old Hickory will help them take notice. Of course, we are not clued in to their business plan and capabilities but asking never hurt. Most companies would relish a built in base for their product. A PA special re-entry into the market would be cool with greater distribution coming soon after.

Even if they own the label...they get all their bourbon as second hand. From what I have read about the Yellowstone quality...it has gone down hill. I doubt Old Hickory would get much better juicethan their other labels.

If they could get some better juice...the cost would probably be somewhere in the range of Jefferson's Reserve.

Maybe the Angosture venture will improve the prospects of bulk market whisky???

If Luxco ever wanted to enter with a premium bourbon...the Old Hickory label would provide the opportunity. It is not a current product, it would be a revived bourbon with all of the potential marketing upside...especially if rolled out in its former distribution areas first....build a base and then grow from there. I guess the key is this....Dave Z recalls a terrific bourbon...based on the mash bill and processes of Kinsey...can it be recreated? If Medley came close....others could as well. This would be a fun and gratifying exercise for the bourbon community....revival of a dead brand. Of course, it would have to compete and succeed in the market. If a quality product is rolled out...the future is unlimited.

Who knows, at some point Luxco may want to own the production end of its business.

Well Put Jono that is my feeling on the return of Old Hickory Bourbon! Right now there are still many people living that drank Old Hickory and as you said bringing it back to the, Pa NJ area would be a awesome move as far as quality they could get soem Help from Mr Medley as far as mash bill and other things He told me the Mans name there and that He thought they still had the brand so they could get his Input and as Jono said they could get their own Distillery in the Future which would be a smart move.

They already Have the Caffe Lolita on the Market and they also have the Haller's reserve Label I think. It would be a bold Move and the reason for Publicker's great sucess back when I worked for them was the Bold Moves That Mr Si Neuman made! He did not sit around thinking should I he thought it out and made the Move.

My Friend who was a top Ex in the Company said that when Mr Neuman went to Scotland the year before Building Inver House Distillery's when He came back sent 10 million Dollars right away and said lets get it going asap!

Waiting is to lose great chances, there are Many people still living that remember and loved Old hickory that gives them a base and also people who will say why don't you try this, and word of mouth is your best selling point!

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------------------

Well Put Jono that is my feeling on the return of Old Hickory Bourbon! Right now there are still many people living that drank Old Hickory and as you said bringing it back to the, Pa NJ area would be a awesome move as far as quality they could get soem Help from Mr Medley as far as mash bill and other things He told me the Mans name there and that He thought they still had the brand so they could get his Input and as Jono said they could get their own Distillery in the Future which would be a smart move.

They already Have the Caffe Lolita on the Market and they also have the Haller's reserve Label I think. It would be a bold Move and the reason for Publicker's great sucess back when I worked for them was the Bold Moves That Mr Si Neuman made! He did not sit around thinking should I he thought it out and made the Move.

My Friend who was a top Ex in the Company said that when Mr Neuman went to Scotland the year before Building Inver House Distillery's when He came back sent 10 million Dollars right away and said lets get it going asap!

Waiting is to lose great chances, there are Many people still living that remember and loved Old hickory that gives them a base and also people who will say why don't you try this, and word of mouth is your best selling point!

Dave Z

I have not yet heard from Luxco and I may send an e mail to the regular company E Mail address, it has only been a couple of days so I am still Hoping to hear from the big Guys office, I think it would be a bold and good move and I have no doubt that if made right Old Hickory could be in that special group of Great Bourbons that rise above the rest!

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

I would write to the local marketing rep too......in fact, a nice paper letter to Mr. Lux may work well for getting on his desk...I don't know how to create an online petition but that would be an idea too. This is an interesting experiment...who knows, maybe they will scratch their heads and say "pull our info on that brand and do some test marketing on it...is it still known and is there a base market for it?" The only disappointment would be an inferior product coming out with the same label....rather not have it if it will not be made up to standards.

Keep us posted!

Luxco markets Rebel Yell....can anyone speak to the difference between the old and new whiskey? I have not had either and have never had Ezra Brooks (but from reputation will probably pass on that one).

I don't find the color of the new RY to be up to the standards set by the old RY. The taste has always been the entry level into wheated bourbons. I doubt that Luxco could afford to up the quality to a large degree...price hike would be soon to follow. I have seen a RY 7/91 available on a website or two. What gives with that one???

Ezra Brooks is a low price leader in Texas. They give you age and proof for a good price. There is the regular 4/80, a slightly better 4/90, a much better 7/101 and a 12 yr/99 proof available in Texas. I recommend you give the one that sounds best to you a try. It would at least give you an idea of what they are trying to go for with their bourbons.

I do think it would be nice for Luxco to use their weight and get into distilling in Ky.

I just got done calling Luxco and leaving a message for someone I think in Marketing By The Name of Dave about the bringing back of Old Hickory I do not know if he will call me and if I will be in my office if He does but I tried at least to find out if they have the Old Hickory Brand Label.

I just looked on the Corporate web site and I left the Message for David Bratcher Vice President of Operations. I am no one in stature but I have never been afraid to call the right people and ask as that is the only way to find out and get things to happen!

Myself I think this is the right time as so many people yet living that have drank Old Hickory, but if too many more years go by and people die off that part of Remembering how good it was will be gone.

If I was Rich I would Dam well Buy it back myself and Have someone make it to even better then it was but I can't so all I do is hope by bugging them they will think about it if they own the Brand.

One more thing It may take if they have the brand and I am fairly sure they do from what Charles Medley told me, is for more people who would like to see the Old Hickory Brand come back as something special as it was back in the day is that people e mail and ask and maybe even call as I did peoples wanting of it will play big in if it ever comes back. I just talked to our Marketing and sales guy and said that I am on the right track for trying to get this famous brand back. He said people asking and the amount of their interest plays very big in these things.

He is an Irishmen who loves good Bourbon and He would love to see it back himself!

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

--------------------------------------------------

On one of the reply's to some of my writting it was menioned by Jeff about the Teamwork at HH in their Bottle house well when I worked at Kinsey there was plenty of Team work all through the plant.

There were not many people who did not get along there and there were few and far between injuries of any kind. When we went to the large Barrels and had to stack them it took alot of team work in doing it they were a nightmare.

We all through the years tried many different jobs there and some we did not do great others we did wonderful. Myself trying to learn to be a Cooper was just not in the Cards Ludy tried to teach me but the biggest problem was they were all right handed and I was left handed and I just never got the hang of it, as it is a most hard job and was one of the best paying in the plant then!

Coopering is very Hard work pounding on the Cooper Hammer with the Hand sledge. I remember one time a barrel I was working on started to fall apart and Ludy had to get right in there and fix my mess up. In the end Ludy gave me the old worn out Cooper Hammer slot gone on it and hand sledge I still have today as a reward for trying so hard.

Publickers Coopers School in Marscess Hook Pa was one of the best there ever was and Ludy told me they had to start from scratch and build all kinds of barrels even making the parts by Hand. Then the Final thing was building there graduation 6 gal Barrel from scratch and its display holder which I posted pictures of his on the thread a while back.

Ludy was one of the Best Coopers I ever saw and when he went into the Bottle House it took a while till they found someone half as good.

When we did the Lawns on the yard gang in summer it was sure team work our Boss John Zuber would drop each of us off with a hand mower in the Old 1951 Ford Flat Head Six pickup and then he would get the riding mower and Val an Italion man another one of our team would break out the big tractor to mow large parts. we would all work toward each other till all was done in an area then move to the Next always starting out front and working back toward the steer pens and with 199 acre's it was a big job.

But for the Most part Mr Neuman when He came was pleased with the Lawns and trees and flower beds. He loved the Place and wanted it to look like a park as much as possible and it did and another thing He liked and I spoke to my Friend who was a top EX in the company about it was the Wildlife He loved seeing the Deer, and pheasant's and rabbits walking around the Plant. I loved and still do the cool Spring and Fall breezes from the River that come up into the Plant.

It was the Most Beautiful Distillery as far as Lawns and trees and plants there ever was like a beautiful garden and Park, back in the field coming from the Game Lands you can still see in the woods in two places where there were carridge drives and the trees are all of the same type lined on both sides and spaced exactly apart all the way down to the Old Kinsey House at the river.

Kinsey was a One of a Kind Place and I do not think there will ever be a Distillery like it again and cost to have a place like that is prohited in the running of things today. But my Memories are of a Very Beautiful Place a one of a kind place that had Magic to it and many people who's lives were much blessed working there!

And a place where some of the Best Whiskey's ever were made. And Of course the Most Famous one of All Old hickory Bourbon and number two County Fair BIB and Rittenhouse Rye the best Rye I ever drank!

Dave Z

I just got off the Phone from talking to Ludy and I told him about the Little Pointed Cone Peg Shaped Wood things I found in a big bag in the upstairs of the Maintaince Barn they Look like Golf Ties almost and He told me they were used just for what I thought they were, to pound into Holes in the Barrels for Leaks. He said they were called " Worm Hole Pegs " and that wood worms were the cause of Leaking Barrels at times and they would use a punch to make the Hole a little Bigger then Pound the Pegs in and break them off! they were made from a softer wood so they would go in easy and then swell up and totally stop the Leaks.

They would check barrels in different Warehouses from time to time Looking for this type of Leak.

Ludy said he thinks He remembers someone telling him about putting the two Old Full 1/2 Pint Scotch bottles I found in that wall so they would not be forgoten but He does not remember for sure. But by Looking at the bottom they were there for about 38 years and the Scotch Is excelent I had a shot again last night from one of them!

I think they are from the 1967 /68 period of time and Cold Stream guard is a very good blended Scotch.

Dave Z

It Seems All The nicest People Drink Old Hickory

I guess one of the reasons Old Hickory was always so good was the fact that it was always at least 6 years old. Our 80 proof was 6 yrs and then we had the 10 year old 86 proof and looking at my Label collection to confirm our BIB 100 proof was 6 years old also!

We never did any old Hickory that I know of that was not at least 6 years old and as I have spoken of before we had the special limited edition 20 anaversary batch we put out.

Our newer bourbon Planters Club was in one version 90 proof 4 years old, and a 80 proof 4 years old. And Our other High end Bourbon Charter Oak we had a BIB 100 proof 8 year old bourbon and a 4 year 86 proof one and and also a 80 proof.

We also had a 6 year 80 proof Bourbon in our Country Gentleman Brand which was an old Dougherty's brand we got when we bought Doughertys out! I even have a label with a very odd proof Old Hickory 75 Proof 10 years old it says! Never saw any of that but it was in with all the left over Labels I found yrs ago at the plant. We also made Midwest Bottled in bond Corn whiskey 100 proof and later we had the Stillbrook name from American Distilling and made a 100 proof BIb of it too!

And of Course our other really big seller was our Hallers County Fair of which we had a 86 proof 4 yr & 86 proof 5 yr. Also our 100 proof and I have some labels for a special County Fair that was distilled in KY a BIB 100 proof that was distilled by Tom Hardy in Owensboro at KY 24 and bottled by us at Dsp-pa-12 in Linfield so as I always knew we did work for others and sometimes had some special stuff done for us too!

Als One thing I know as fact No other Bourbon we made ever shared the Old Hickory Mass Bill it was used for Old Hickory and nothing else.

And Last but not least We made a 100 proof Linfield Striaght Bourbon also an Old Kinsey Brand that was made sometime into the 1950's or a little into the 1960's

We had so many brands I do not know them all I know of about 62 of them but they had over 100!

One more Note the Old Wood Sign I found that I posted a picture of that says Kinsey Distilling Corp Pa #10 Distillery is a very Historic peice and I am hoping to get it soon my friends who watch the place are getting it for me it turns out Ludy told Me yesterday it was the sign that hung on the Front of the DPS-PA-12 Still where we walked in so I am so glad I dug it out of the piles of Brick!

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------

One Of Our Oldest Earliest brands that was not made by the time I worked there was Sweep Stakes Whiskey They Had a Blended one and I have an old Bottle from 1934 that is 90 proof and states this Whiskey is Straight Whiskey 5 months old Bottled 1934 Continental Distilling.

We also Had besides Haller's County Fair Bourbon a Hallers De Luxe Straight Bourbon Whiskey 80 proof 4 yrs old plus Hallers SRS Blended Whiskey in different proofs and Hallers reserve Blended.

Another line we had was Diplomat whiskeys which we made a Diplomat Blended that was made with 8 yr old Straight whiskey 35% blended with Neutral spirits a Diplomat Gin and a Diplomat Vodka.

Another very Old Brand of which I have an empty Bottle was Keystone State Straight Rye 90 proof it was made right after the end of Prohibition and was only 8 months old!

Kinsey Silver came in two blends both used 35 % 8 yr old Straight Whiskey with 65 % Neutral Spirits. One was 80 Proof and the other was 86 proof which is what the bottle Ludy gave me is 86 proof and a very good blended whiskey.

I will list some more when I can the Hallers Whiskeys when I worked for Publicker were giant sellers the SRS Blended was one of our biggest sellers and you could buy a full quart of Hallers SRS 86 Proof made with 8 yr old Straight whiskey in the blend for $4.73 I have an old Ruler from the late

1950's to mid 1960's that states the fixed price!

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallers SRS Full quart 25% More Whiskey than A Fifth Full 86 Proof $4.73 per Quart!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave,

what did SRS stand for? Select Reserve Stock was about all I came up with. What is the real meaning?

When you think about it...a company that owned the rights to these labels / recipes would be nuts not to re-introduce them...the ones that had popular following...in an age of increasing whiskey selection and export....micro markets for certain products can be very popular. Maybe Hallers would sell big in the PA area....another brand would sell big elsewhere...brand loyalty should not be discounted. Look at the beer world... Yuengling for an example in your area...it does not have to be national to sell well.

Jeff "Special Reserve Stock" it was one of their very Best Blended's and they sold millions of Bottles back then. The Hallers Reserve was the Cheaper one which is still made I think by Luxco but nothing like ours.

There were Two Bourbons we Made that never shared their Mash - Bills with themselves or any other Bourbon we Made and they were- Old Hickory Bourbon & County Fair Bourbon and having a bottle of each they are totally different and both are wonderful.

The Old Hickory is smoother the Hallers County Fair is a very Full power BIB and the Bottle I Have may have been distilled at Kinsey as it was distilled in Spring 1946 Bottled in Fall 1951 in Phila. My Dad worked there then and may well have loaded the Barrels on the Box car or Truck to go down the be bottled!

I never had the Old Hickory BIB but Knowing the way Old Hickory was it would have been smooth all Old Hickory Bourbons were well known for their Smoothness and full taste.

We Also made a Straight Bourbon under the Red Crown Label for A&P stores out west and down south and in New England. and Red crown Blended ones I will look up their proofs tonight!

Another Name we had for awhile and it was good then was Bankers Club Bourbon, if you look at an old Bottle it will say Regent Disitllers Phila another Name used by Continental, Bankers Club today is Rott gut from what I know but there was a day way back where it was a nice lower Price Bourbon!

We also then had the Monogram Label also under Regent Distillers, and we Made a Rye way back in the early Years called Neshaminy Rye.

Back In Jacob Kinsey days He made a Angelo Myers Rye and a Kinsey Special and a Kinsey Straight Rye.

Back in early days at Continental they also made Charter Oak Rye & Brandy, Rum and Gin.

We were the First Company to bring Majorska Vodka to the USA we had a line of Whiskeys Bourbons and Gins called Gold Star for the Military People.

In the late mid 1970's we had the Guckenheimer Label, the Stillbrook Corn Whiskey BIB label and Bourbon Supreme all gotten from American Diistilling Corp!

And we had our Own Corn Whiskey Mid West Straight Corn BIB and I have been told it was great Corn Whiskey!

Way Back Continental also made a rye Whiskey called Three Kings Rye.

Dave Z

It Seems All the Nicest People drink Old Hickory

------------------------------------------------

The only Luxco whiskeys are:

Ezra Brooks

Rebel Reserve

Rebel Yell

D. Nicholson 1843

Davies County

Bourbon Supreme