dave ziegler

My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

dave ziegler   
dave ziegler

Thanks Paddy.

Richnimrod   
Richnimrod

May Ludy find the reward in the great beyond deserved by all who love, and especially who helped make, the beverage we cherish.   Condolences to you, Dave, and all who are mourning him.

dave ziegler   
dave ziegler
Posted (edited)

Well friends here I am writing again about Kinsey, The new Kinsey Whiskeys are doing well and something new is going to Happen with them soon. I can not say anything now as Have to wait till my Friends tell me I can! But they are carrying on the Kinsey name in a proud way. They have been very good to me and I am proud to tell People to try Kinsey and Linfield Straight Rye! Hard to believe I have been writing here for 11 Years Plus, time flies when you are Having fun. And in 2006 I was Just 58 years Old now in Sept I will be 70 and I am on the Look out for some kind of Vintage Continental Whisky to drink on my Birthday Sept 23! Or Pre Pro! I have so much enjoyed writing here to everyone and hearing your Comments. I also am still looking for a Part time Job so I have some Money to live on. Here is a Picture of the Plant from back in the day on my old posts. Kinsey in 1948 I was 1 year old then when the explosion  proof warehouses had just been finished. I loved   the plant Then and I will always love the Plant, no one can take my Memories from me, and they were great days for a Kid of 19 years old when I started there in 1966. I have tried my Best to let everyone here know what it was like to work there and how proud I was to work there. It is my Hope you Have enjoyed my Writings. And I will continue to write what is happening there.

Dave Z

=================================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky

For Unhurried Times

post-1964-14489822534504_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave ziegler

dave ziegler   
dave ziegler

Well as Sept rolls around it  will be 51 years ago I started my Job at Kinsey Distillery in Sept after working the summer after finishing school doing construction. This Sept 23 I will be 70 years old and hoping to find something to drink that is good to celebrate. And remembering how great a place Kinsey was to work at. 

It Seems All The Nicest People

Drink Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

Dave Z

dave ziegler   
dave ziegler

On weds I went to visit the Kinsey Distillery to see my Friends there before today the 23rd which is my 70th birthday. They have changed their Labels I have yet to figure out how to post any pictures here with the new system. But they have now recreated the Original style labels with a two piece front 

label like the old days with raised letters. Also the second  strip label Says Produced in strict accordance with formula and method developed under my personal supervision for half a century J g Kinsey

Back Label says when folks think Whiskey They think Tennessee or Kentucky, But the story of American Whiskey Started  in Pennsylvania where Kinsey was born in the 19th century.

Kinsey is a homage to our original Distillery along the Schuylkill river which once held the worlds Largest collection of Aging whiskey.

A time when Pennsylvania  was  synonymous  with Good Whiskey. 

A time when Kinsey Was King 

They have taken their  7 year American Whiskey and recreated it as an amazing tasting 10 year straight Whiskey. They gave me a bottle for my Birthday  I just love it. If you can get the Kinsey 10 year American Whiskey try it, you will like it. They also did some changes to the Linfield Rye to improve it. The New Kinsey Distillery is doing really good now. Also they have gone back to the old school style of Round Heavy bottles with stoppers. Look their web sight up under New Liberty Distilling or Millstone Spirits. They may have me give a talk about Kinsey sometime in the future.

Dave Z

===================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

Join The Swing To Kinsey