Willett Rye Origin

dougdog
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I went to your profile and it won't let me email you. Is there something I'm missing?

Things are gaining momentum to do another barrel of Rye. .......Please....make all replys on email...do not post here or in PM's...

We are close enough to consider the barrel sold. So we are going forward, once decided after tasting, Drew will bottle quickly and we should have this one much shorter time frame than the last. Be prepared for prompt payment when the time comes...I'll keep you informed.

One 12 pack remains...FYI...hurry up you slackers! heeheee haha!

Sample is enroute, Neal and I will taste, report back and go from there...

Doug -

Did you happen to send replies to everyone who contacted you? Apologies for making a nuisance of myself, but I have no idea if my e-mails got through or not.

Cheers,

If anyone needs to fill up their case buy I'd like to get 2 bottles. PM me please to follow up.

I’m also interested in 2-3bottles. I really liked the previous bottle.

Leif

If anyone else needs to fill up their case buy, I would be happy to purchase two bottles.

Scott

And then sell them on EBAY, like LeNell's Red Hook Rye.

And then sell them on EBAY, like LeNell's Red Hook Rye.

Str8RYE:

Hmm... aren't we a bit petty and childish with that remark? Please PM me if you decide to be slightly more civil and professional concerning this matter. I would be happy to discuss it with you.

Cheers,

Scott

The Rye sample is in hand...we'll get to it Saturday Night...

Dave, I do not believe that any of your emails came through...

I believe I did respond to everyone...sorry if you got overlooked some how, PM me and let me know what you wanted...

Forgive me for being ignorant, but this new barrel of Rye, is it also 22 odd years old and barrel proof like the Willett's??

Scott

Forgive me for being ignorant, but this new barrel of Rye, is it also 22 odd years old and barrel proof like the Willett's??

Scott

It's a sister barrel from the Willett's Rye, and will be bottled in the same way.

We tasted from 6 barrels last year and the sample that five of us voted for was the first bottled.

This barrel is the barrel that two of us voted for (and have pined about like a couple of old fisherman telling tales about the "one that got away"). We're tasting it about an hour. Mmmmmmm...

Roger

• 9 months later...

Bumping. I've been helping a DC distributor, bar, and retailer organize two more barrels from this stash, and the whiskey was delivered about a month ago. There is some available--price has gone up, but it's still pretty reasonable given the product. There are two barrels--"Velvet Glove" and "Iron Fist," and they fit their descriptions pretty well. I like Velvet Glove more, dougdog likes Iron Fist more. 68.5% abv, both of them.

As with the first two Willett ryes, shelf price is about $180, but there is an extra special friends-and-family (and SB.com) price for a good bit less.

There is also a 15-year-old bourbon barrel (shelf $72) and 6-year-old bourbon barrel (shelf $40), both about 62% abv.

For more info, contact myself or CrashRiley (who is the retailer handling friends-and-family orders). For those of you local to DC, the whiskeys are on the bar at the two Bourbon restaurants and Acadiana, with a few more places coming on-line soon.

I have not yet spoke with Jake but did have the opportunity to speak with Crash this week. A wealth of knowledge and a pleasure to chat with not only on the Willett’s but other offerings ACE has available or soon to. I'll be posting some notes as I should have one of each Willett at my place by Friday of this week.

Thanks again Crash you guys are top notch!

Peace,

Tony

We, as a group, are going to have to be more specific in the future when referring to any "Willett" bottlings, tastings, etc. Drew is using that label to do many of his single barrels for individuals/retailers, etc. For example, I have two different Willett 22yo barrel proof ryes and two different Willett 4yo barrel proof bourbons. It now appears that several more Willetts are in the works in the DC area and in KY. Fortunately Drew is identifying the barrel purchaser on the back label to help distinguish the different bottlings.

Randy

Our two rye bottlings have monikers as well. See above.

Any bottlings we do in the future (bourbon or rye) will have silly names too. Feel free to suggest some :).

• 2 weeks later...
I have not yet spoke with Jake but did have the opportunity to speak with Crash this week. A wealth of knowledge and a pleasure to chat with not only on the Willett’s but other offerings ACE has available or soon to. I'll be posting some notes as I should have one of each Willett at my place by Friday of this week.

Thanks again Crash you guys are top notch!

Peace,

Tony

Tony.....had a chance to try the Willett Ryes as of yet? If so, got any notes thus far to post?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.