Your First Bourbon of 2007 was:

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm trying to have an alcohol free January......:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Is it bad that I'm already thinking what my first bourbon will be :skep:

(Lot B or Rittenhouse Rye are my lead thoughts at this stage)

I'm trying to have an alcohol free January......:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Is it bad that I'm already thinking what my first bourbon will be :skep:

(Lot B or Rittenhouse Rye are my lead thoughts at this stage)

Alcohol free January?? Think it's bad thinking what your firstbourbon will be? I think it's bad you're trying to have an alcohol free January!:lol:

I had "more than enough" Canadian Club Classic yesterday.....

Scott

Glad to see someone else thinking Canadian Club Classic is very worthy of space in the liquor cabinet. No bourbon yet for me in '07, but I've been very busy buying and acquiring various bottlings over the last few days. The latest being a Pappy 15 yr.

The latest being a Pappy 15 yr.

Bet you didn't get that in Iowa!!

Dawn

Four Roses Super Premium. I'll bring it to the next gathering :)

Dawn

Back in 2001, there was a store in Coralville that carried the 10, 15, and rye squats, but nothing since. The closest Binny's is less than 160 miles from my house so don't feel too bad for me Dawn. Now if I can get Binny's talked into opening up a store on the Illinois side of the Quad Cities... one can dream. Unfortunately, it's 450 miles for me to get anything 4 Roses so my bottle of Single Barrel may remain unopened for quite sometime.

Sitting Here drinking some OGD 114.

Back in 2001, there was a store in Coralville that carried the 10, 15, and rye squats, but nothing since. The closest Binny's is less than 160 miles from my house so don't feel too bad for me Dawn. Now if I can get Binny's talked into opening up a store on the Illinois side of the Quad Cities... one can dream. Unfortunately, it's 450 miles for me to get anything 4 Roses so my bottle of Single Barrel may remain unopened for quite sometime.

How familiar are you with the Illinois side? The Hy-Vee in Milan carries a pretty good selection of bourbon. It is the only place I can find Weller Antique, they also carry BT (which I see from one of your previous posts you enjoy). Last year I got the manager to order the BTAC, but I think I was just about the only one to buy any. This year no luck.

Rittenhouse BIB. Not bourbon obviously but I'm now on my way to Elmer T. Lee and would like to wish him the best of health in 2007.

My first bourbon of 2007 was VBT#30, but before that I had some Dickel Barrel Select. It's looking to be a good year already.

Lawrenceburg Lemonade made with Henry McKenna.....I was drinking mixed drinks in order to conserve sobriety for a respectable amount of time at my party and not make a fool of myself singing karaoke like I did last year!

I can now say with some degre of certianity (is that even a word?) that the first bourbon which I have dranken (grammar?) was WT101. The nice bartender lady kindly offered my buddy and I Knob Creek at $1.50 a pour thereafter. Seeing as she only had a half bottle left of it, we finished it off to help her out...:grin: :grin: :grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.