Old Heaven Hill---bill of sale/shares

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Jeremy this one's for you :grin: :grin:

I have made many posts that my Great grandfather was Joseph L. Beam, first Master Distiller at Heaven Hill and one of the first original incorporators of Heaven Hill :grin: :grin: :grin:

I think (?) I've made a post with the documents (I found in the court house:grin: ) somewhere in these forums about Pop Beam's investment :grin:

What many don't realize is that my Great Grandmother, Katherine (Katie) McGill Beam was a "whiskey-woman" so to speak, in the early days of Kentucky Distilling :grin: :grin: :grin:

My Aunt Jo told me stories of where all "seven sons" (all Master Distiller's) Pop Beam and Grandma Katie would have "Sunday Dinner" to talk shop...They lived in a big white house that used to be where the "Parkview Motel is now, right smack in front of "My Old Kentucky Home" :grin: :grin: Aunt Jo said that, back then no woman was allowed to "distill" ...just was not done...but she was the backbone and one of the best :grin: :grin: in distilling, and the Whiskey business :grin: ...They all looked to her for guidance :grin: :grin: Her brother, was Master Distiller for Pappy Van Winkle for many years. His name was Will McGill :grin: :grin: :grin: You will find many pictures of him in Sally's book "But Alway's Fine Bourbon" :grin: :grin: :grin:

Back to my point...:grin: :grin: :grin:

Grandma Beam, invested (her money) in Heaven Hill in the early days :grin: :grin: She held alot of stock and was a Director and owner :grin: :grin: :grin: In her name alone :grin: :grin:

I have scanned copies of the documents when she sold her shares. Her health was failing badly. On November 13, 1942 she sold her 108 shares of common capital stock for $64, 800. Although, this document states "retirement". It's signed by Gary Shapira and Ed Shapira (Secretary).

Bettye Jo

post-20-14489812819889_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489812820149_thumb.jpg

Bettye Jo,

That is just too cool. I really appreciate you sharing your bright family history with myself and everyone else here.

Bettye Jo,

How are you related to Parker Beam and Booker Noe?

I assume Boone is your married name, is your husband a decendant of that most famous Kentuckian?

Bettye Jo, as always, thank you for sharing.

I always appreciate (from afar) your stories, memorabilia and history that brings me that little bit closer to past and present life in Kentucky and at the various Distilleries :)

Jim Beam and my Great grandfather Joseph L. were first cousin's...

Parker/Craig Beam and his grandfather & great grandfather, "Park" and Jim Beam were brother's...

Jim Beam was Booker's grandfather...

Yes, I married a Boone :grin: :grin: Pat Boone :grin: :grin: 31 years :grin: :grin: :grin: and he is decendant of Daniel Boone...

Kinda all around Kentuckians :grin: :grin: :grin:

Bettye Jo

Bettye Jo,

How are you related to Parker Beam and Booker Noe?

I assume Boone is your married name, is your husband a decendant of that most famous Kentuckian?

So it can also be said that your Great Great Grandfather, and Craig Beam's Great Great Grandfather were brothers?icon7.gif

The common ancestor of Craig and Bettye Jo is David Beam, who would be both Bettye Jo's and Craig's Great Great Great Grandfather. The two lines go like this.

David, David M., Park, Earl, Parker, Craig

David, Joseph B., Joseph L., Harry, Jean, Bettye Jo

So, Bettye Jo and Craig are 4th cousins.

For more information, turn to page 92 of BOURBON, STRAIGHT.

ah-ha,....I should have gone one more step up. I see now.

one more question,... how are Betty Jo's father and Booker Noe related?

The relationship is through Bettye Jo's mother, Jean, who married a Hall, who is quite an interesting guy in his own right.

Booker's line starts out the same as Craig's.

David, David M., Jim, Margaret, Booker

So Booker and Parker are second cousins, Fred and Craig are third cousins.

I went to grade school with a guy named Richard Boone. He was also a decendant of Daniel Boone. He and his family lived near Laureldale Pennsylvania. He would be about 63 years old now. Bettye Jo, do you remember any Boones from this area?

Joe :usflag:

:grin: :grin: :grin: Daddy's given name is David Gerald Hall. I am his sixth :grin: :grin: child. I spect, that when they came to namin' me they decided to "pay due respect for all my kin"? :grin: :grin:

My given name is Mary Elizabeth Josephine Hall Boone. Each name lives someone dear in my Mom and Daddy's life :grin: :grin: :grin: My "nickname" is Bettye Jo aka jobettye...The Bettye and it's unique spelling is from my late "Aunt, Bettye Beam Cecil" my godmother :grin: :grin: :grin: The Jo is given in respect for my mother's twin sister "Joann Beam"/Aunt Jo...

Theres a show on the "History" channel that runs quite often...it's called Rumrunner's, Bootleggers and Moonshiner's (I hope I got the sequence right?) My mom and Aunt Jo are in this "very popular" documentary :grin: :grin: Pop Beam and Pappy Roger's, got caught by "Big Six" (revenuer) for makin' shine in the basement of his home. Grandma Katie Beam paid big money to keep this quiet :grin: :grin: My mom had to go a court (along with "Pappy Rogers"). She was about 16 at the time...the lawyer had to cover her mouth with his hand so that the judge could not hear "the blasting" directed at, "Big Six" for messin' with her Daddy :grin: :grin:

I have attached one of the very first pictures taken inside of "Old Heaven Hill Springs" distillery. The man on the left is my Grandfather Harry Milburn Beam :grin: :grin: :grin: The man on the right is the very first Master Distiller of Heaven Hill, my great grandfather, Joseph L. Beam :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Look how big that tub is :grin: :grin: :grin: This pictures hangs in the "Heaven Hill, Bourobn Heritage Center" :grin: :grin: :grin:

I was talking to Parker not long ago...We were talking Beam :grin: :grin: He's the kind of guy who likes to set things "as they are" :grin: :grin: :grin: A excellent Beam trait...Our conversation focused on our Beam family of distiller's...

The facts are...At Heaven Hill only a Beam has made every single drop of bourbon since it's creation....

Joseph L. Beam

Harry Milburn Beam

Earl Beam

Parker Beam

Craig Beam

:grin: :grin: :grin: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :grin: :grin: :grin:

Bettye Jo

The relationship is through Bettye Jo's mother, Jean, who married a Hall, who is quite an interesting guy in his own right.

Booker's line starts out the same as Craig's.

David, David M., Jim, Margaret, Booker

So Booker and Parker are second cousins, Fred and Craig are third cousins.

post-20-14489812825347_thumb.jpg

Sorry Joe,

There are many Richard Boone's kin to Pat but none that "he knows" that live in Pa. The Boone family is massive. I suspect that if one would "connect the dot's" it would come up with a link in there somewhere :grin: :grin:

Bettye Jo

I went to grade school with a guy named Richard Boone. He was also a decendant of Daniel Boone. He and his family lived near Laureldale Pennsylvania. He would be about 63 years old now. Bettye Jo, do you remember any Boones from this area?

Joe :usflag:

Theres a show on the "History" channel that runs quite often...it's called Rumrunner's, Bootleggers and Moonshiner's (I hope I got the sequence right?) My mom and Aunt Jo are in this "very popular" documentary :grin: :grin: Pop Beam and Pappy Roger's, got caught by "Big Six" (revenuer) for makin' shine in the basement of his home. Grandma Katie Beam paid big money to keep this quiet :grin: :grin: My mom had to go a court (along with "Pappy Rogers"). She was about 16 at the time...the lawyer had to cover her mouth with his hand so that the judge could not hear "the blasting" directed at, "Big Six" for messin' with her Daddy :grin: :grin:

Bettye Jo

Bettye Jo,

After reading the replys from Chuck, I started thinking about the Twin Sisters in the History Channel show.

My intent was to pose the question, of how are you are related to these Ladies.

But you answered it before I could ask.icon7.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.