Thanksgiving

kitzg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

At some point this Thanksgiving I intend to sit down with a glass of bourbon (instead of a somewhat traditional wine). I will think about my appreciation for all of the sharing that goes on among members of this forum.

I will also give thanks to the fact that I am only a few hours drive from the beautiful State of Kentucky. I've come to appreciate the varied beauty of the State -- the horses, the bourbon, the people, the landscape -- even more in the past few years.

I wish everyone who participates here a happy Thanksgiving!

Greg

kitzg

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Thank you Greg! That's a mighty fine sentiment to express. I'm getting ready to go deer hunting tomorrow. That is one of the things I give thanks for every year. We've many libertys that others do not. Our 2nd amendment rights to keep and bare arms is the one freedom that secures all others. With it you can safeguard your family; protect your property, and put meat on the table. Give the gift of joy this Christmas and buy a high quality American made firearm for a loved one. It keeps our country free!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Geez, what a great gift a, let's say, 870 Express Super Magnum would make for my wife. Instead I (being a citizen of a 'disarmed' country...) have to rack my brain (as every year...) about a nice Christmas present for my sweetheart and in the end it comes to the same old jewelry, etc. (as every year...).wink.gif

Good sport, Linn and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

P.S. just tasted the Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye - a very fine whiskey.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Ekki,

I feel your pain. Nothing is more predictable than gifts of jewelry year after year. Your desire for a Remington 870 Super Magnum is heartfelt. I can not imagine living in a country in which I can not own leathal power. Fear the government that fears your guns! If they can not trust you with lethal power why in the hell should you trust them?

We don't trust anyone that wants to take our guns away.

Your wife might better like the Remington 870 20 gauge Wingmaster Youth Model, or even better the 11-87 Premier Youth Model in a semi-automatic! The youth model fits women and teenaged boys much better than the 'man sized' <font color=blue>870</font color=blue> <font color=red>SUPER - MAGNUM</font color=red>!

Once you've bought your woman a good American gun you should also buy her a fine American bourbon. Women just love <font color=orange>BUFFALO TRACE</font color=orange>.

Linn Spencer

Linn,

thanks for your sympathy.

What can I say ? You get used to it (i.e. - living without lethal firepower).

Btw, I can not imagine living in a country where (in some parts) smokers are being treated like the scum of the earth - I don't trust anyone who wants to take my fags away. wink.gif

Re Buffalo Trace: good idea. I only hope that some dealer has it in stock 'cause since Sep. 11th whiskey is considered as 'dangerous goods' and therefore requires special packaging (when shipped by air). At least that's what two dealers told me over here (and btw the reason why I'm still waiting for a bottle of Sazerac Rye which I ordered 3 weeks ago).

Best,

Ekki

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Ekki,

I'm with ya dude! The Anti-Smoking Nazis in America are the worst!

I just can't imagine a day going by without sucking on a fag.

Linn Spencer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.