THomas H. Handy???

Scooby
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anybody tried the Thomas H. Handy already??? I'v got a couple of bottles waiting for me with my importer...so i'm rather curious as to how it stands up against the NA Sazerac and the 18yo Sazerac....(both strong favourites of mine!) :grin:

Scooby

Anybody tried the Thomas H. Handy already??? I'v got a couple of bottles waiting for me with my importer...so i'm rather curious as to how it stands up against the NA Sazerac and the 18yo Sazerac....(both strong favourites of mine!) :grin:

Scooby

I think the Handy is an excellent pour and I have a couple in the bunker when my current open bottle is dry. It is a little stronger than the Saz 18 and I like to use a cube of ice once in a while in the glass. With you likeing the Saz 18 you will enjoy the Handy.

bj

I opened a bottle of Thomas Handy last week. This was my first taste at rye. I found it to not have nearly as much flavor as bourbons. It did not seem very complex whatsoever. Is this typical of straight rye whiskey's?

I opened a bottle of Thomas Handy last week. This was my first taste at rye. I found it to not have nearly as much flavor as bourbons. It did not seem very complex whatsoever. Is this typical of straight rye whiskey's?

I find ryes to be thinner in body than bourbon but not necessarily less flavorful. Hence I'm reluctant to try ryes under 90 proof. WT rye is a nice pour; see if it floats your boat. If you found Handy lacking you probably won't care for Saz Jr. I like it but the finish is admittedly short. Handy is less complex than Stagg which is to be expected; 7 or so years in the barrel Vs. Stagg's 14+.

In a blind tasting against Willetts, Red Hook and Rittenhouse 21, The Handy stole the show. It is my favorite rye.

Joe :usflag:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.