Dear Santa

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Dear Santa,

I've been a very good boy this year. Would you please bring me a case of; Buffalo Trace, and one of Woodfrod Reserve. I'd also like a Remington 700 BDL in 7 MM Ultra Mag - Left handed. Oh! and if it's not too much - a new 2002 Jeep Liberty 4WD with the 'Off Road' package. In RealTree Advantage Camoflague if you please kind sir.

I know that a lot of good hearted people want 'World Peace'. Please give it to them. But I know that; a good man, with a good gun, in a good jeep, with a good bourbon can insure world peace like no tomorrow. I'm awaiting your arrival - sometime soon - on some tomorrow.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

I hear ya brother Linn!

When the auto show comes your way, check out the Jeep Liberty 'Renegade' concept, which may be offered in one year. Suddenly, the 1100 mile drive to Bardstown is very appealing, even with a couple of mountain detours along the way. Cherohala Skyway, here I come! (Travel tip: This 40-mile skyway is new and worth exploring from Cherokee to Nantahala National Forests, NC/TN border). It climbs above 5,000 ft and on a clear day, you might see all the way to bourbon land.

Oh yeah, if you get tempted to bring a lil bourbon in the flask, sip it real slow at that altitude. The oxygen gets thin up there in Blurred Ridge Parkway. And Park Rangers might not take kindly to exuberant pant removal. ; )

Cheers,

Omar

Linn:

I'm printing out your list so I can send it too - 'cept I might opt for a right-handed .308 (I'm a smaller guy) and a case of Rare Breed. The Jeep Liberty, though - now there's a nice choice. Matter of fact, I'm trying to get out of a New Beetle lease to get exactly that vehicle (with off-road and towing options) within the next week or so. My wife likes the idea of the automatic tranny - if I let her drive, I think I can get her to promise to load, pour and otherwise do for me.

Maybe Santa's got his own Jeep!

Ralph

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Ralph,

I can see you have your priorities straight! Yes I think a Remington Model Seven with a short action in .308 would be most suitable indeed.

The new Jeep Liberty is such a sweet piece it is hard not to just run out and go head over heels in debt. The off road and towing packages add about a grand to the bottom line but they are well worth it, as it includes a seriously nice all terrain tire upgrade that is easily worth $500 just by themselves. The heavy duty cooling and extra skid plates will make it just that much tougher and last longer.

Only one case of Rare Breed?

Linn Spencer

Linn:

There's an existential dilemma for you - bourbon or ammo... Depends on how serious the skedaddlin' we got to do! I agree about the skid plates on the Jeep, as well as the cast iron (literally) suspension components and the optional full time 4WD transfer case. Finally, just remember, you can get more bourbon in the back if you're carrying .308 cases than 7 Ultramags - leaves you a little more change for gas, too.

Ralph

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

No dilemma here Ralph! With a simple trailer you can haul a years supply of bourbon and ammo. Put your tent and sleepingbags,ect. up on the roof rack. That leaves your interior space free for you and your family and a months worth of groceries. The new Jeep Liberty is a problem solving; all purpose, go anywhere - having fun while you're doing it vehicle.

Now Ralph you know we don't do no skedadlin' 'round here!

These Colors Don't Run

Linn Spencer

Imagine a land where every boy over the age of ten carries an automotice weapon with him at all times. Such a blessed place does exist in the world. Its name is Afghanistan.

For me, I like America better.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Shoot Chuck I don't know of any 10 year old boy that wouldn't want a fully automatic Kalishnikov assault rifle! I've shot one and they are a lot of fun, and I'd sure like to have one myself.

Linn Spencer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.