Just one sea of rye?

porgymcnasty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Old Potrero is the only 100% rye whiskey made in the US, but not the only one in the world: Johann Haider makes a whisky from 100% malted rye in his Roggenhof distillery in Austria.

Cheers, Lex

Is Haider's beverage a whiskey, aged in wood, or a schnapps, which is not?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

I have a bottle at home, but haven't had a chance of opening and tasting it yet. Keep an eye out for issue 23 of Whisky Magazine .... (assuming everything goes as planned).

Cheers, Lex

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Lex you ugly old whore! After you wrote this article did you dress up as a traditional english school girl? Nickkers and all?

No?! Congratulations old boy! Good show and all that rot! I'll be more than happy to read whatever you get published. You're a good man Lex and I wish you the very best!

Happy Christmas to You Good Sir!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Although Canadian Whisky is often referred to as Rye, it rarely has more than 50% rye. Two notable exceptions are Alberta Premium which is 100% Rye, and Lot 40 which is almost all Rye. Although neither resemble bourbon (beware) or each other, they are both quite good in a different kind of way. Certainly worth seeking out for someone "researching" rye.

And the best to you Linn!

I got the commission for the article in WM, but still have to write it and do a whole lot of tastings for it .. sorry to be so cryptic at the moment, but what I can say is that the article will introduce a whole new 'family' of whiskies.

Cheers, Lex

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.