Michael Jackson Whisky Glass

TimmyBoston
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone used Michael Jackson's Whisky Glass?

I'd like some first hand accounts if anyone has the experience.

Also does anyone know of a place to order one of these over the internet?

Thanks all

Here's a picture of the glass

post-1550-14489812916238_thumb.jpg

I bought one at Whsikymag.com over a year ago. Its a nice glass, but I like the Glencairn blender's nosing glass much better.

I don't have much in the way of tasting stories about the glass. I'm not a big fan of the way the lip bends outward. My hands are really over sized and the MJ glass is quite thin, like the Reidel Bourbon glass. I find myself paying more attention to being careful not to crack the glass. I also prefer the heavy base of a Glencairn to a stemmed based.

I'll use the glass tonight and post if I notice anything else.

I also have the glass and like it very much. I do agree that it appears to be quite delicate but I've yet to break it. It's also good as it has a lid so you can store your last dram over night if you cannot finish it! (Don't laugh it's happened to me!)

I do prefer it to the Glencairn glass.

It strikes me that they wanted something to put Jackson's name on, thus had to create something that wasn't already out there, but I don't think what they came up with offers any improvements. It's really a variation on the Clencairn.

The stem is unnecessary, as the purpose of stems is to prevent body heat from warming a drink more than desired, which isn't an issue with whiskey (warming is good).

As for the lid, while it may be desirable for concentrating the aroma of some milder scotches, it's a negative for more potent malts and virtually all American straights. Unless you're going to pour a drink and let it sit for hours before drinking it, the lid doesn't add anything.

The other difference from the Glancairn is that the bulb rises much higher, which I also consider a negative.

Personally, I say no thank you. The Glencairn is still unsurpassed.

It strikes me that they wanted something to put Jackson's name on, thus had to create something that wasn't already out there, but I don't think what they came up with offers any improvements. It's really a variation on the Clencairn.

The stem is unnecessary, as the purpose of stems is to prevent body heat from warming a drink more than desired, which isn't an issue with whiskey (warming is good).

As for the lid, while it may be desirable for concentrating the aroma of some milder scotches, it's a negative for more potent malts and virtually all American straights. Unless you're going to pour a drink and let it sit for hours before drinking it, the lid doesn't add anything.

The other difference from the Glancairn is that the bulb rises much higher, which I also consider a negative.

Personally, I say no thank you. The Glencairn is still unsurpassed.

I ordered a Glencairn and it's on it's way.

I really like glasses with a stem, I don't have very big hands and ones with a stem are so much more comfortable for me to hold, I vastly prefer ones with a stem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.