Maker's Mark Ambassador Stickers

bobbyc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got the stickers from Maker's the other day. One says

"I hope the next time I'm in,You'll serve Maker's Mark"

The other

"Thanks For Serving Maker's Mark, I'll be back Again"

They are to be placed on your check after a visit to a bar or restaurant. What do you think, will you be using yours?

You made me go down and sort though my mail...No, I won't be using these. I think Maker's made a poor choice sending these out, it is in no way in line with their normal marketing or reputation, it's actually pretty crass.

Totally tasteless!!

Makes me ashamed to admit I sometimes drink their product!!

Think we could get some made for Wild Turkey 12yo?:cool:

I had the exact same thought when I got mine.

I got the stickers from Maker's the other day. One says

"I hope the next time I'm in,You'll serve Maker's Mark"

The other

"Thanks For Serving Maker's Mark, I'll be back Again"

They are to be placed on your check after a visit to a bar or restaurant. What do you think, will you be using yours?

I'd probably use them just to stir things up, and because, when I ask for bourbon in most bars here, I still get offered Jim Beam white, Southern Comfort or Jack Daniels :hot:

But this is all assuming they send me some. I haven't had an email from Makers Mark in over 12 months now.... and the last time they send me something was Christmas cards the year before last...

Haven't seen them. The Christmas cards were a big hit with my friends though. This year they sent me a little shaker and some napkins. I have loved their marketing to this point. The DVD actually worked, getting my friend to start drinking Maker's Mark instead of Gentlemen Jack.

I'm not sure how I feel about the stickers. I agree that I like having more choices than JBW (and WT80) for bourbon in a bar, but most places I go have at least Maker's Mark... My problem is that I'd like to try more unusual products when I'm in a bar. Last time I ordered bourbon in bar I ordered Jim Beam Black (they said they had it) and they poured me Jack Daniels Single Barrel. I would have complained, but I wanted to try the latter anyway, so I drank it. Not bad, but I wouldn't spend the money they are asking for a bottle. It still tasted like JD :grin:

Joel

While I encourage people to get to know their local booze purveyors and express their preferences, I have to say I would prefer normal modes of communication, like talking. Putting a pre-printed sticker like that on a bill seems tacky, both on the part of Maker's for suggesting it, and on the part of anyone who actually would do it. It's something else we just don't need in the world. What's next, "we'd like this place much better if the tissue in the bathroom was Scott's."

Think we could get some made for Wild Turkey 12yo?:cool:

Or how about "Thanks for serving Maker's Mark, try getting some Pappy"

Scott

Or how about "Thanks for serving Maker's Mark, try getting some Pappy"

Scott

My thoughts exactly. Maker's is often the only choice at most places.

I don't know why any of us are surprised, with the Maker's Marketing machine perhaps running out of steam, they are trying to get the consumer to do their work for them.

I am an ambassador, haven't received the stickers yet. If I do they will not be used.

I don't know why any of us are surprised, with the Maker's Marketing machine perhaps running out of steam, they are trying to get the consumer to do their work for them.

I am an ambassador, haven't received the stickers yet. If I do they will not be used.

Perhaps a trip to the dictionary would help understand...

"Ambassador: an authorized messenger or representative."

Or perhaps a trip to the MM site .... See "Missing the Mark" section. This section of the web site has been there for a long time.

This is nothing new, just a tool for those who are true Ambassadors and not in it for the freebies.

The next free item I receive from MM will be the first, and I signed up so long ago I can't even remember the date.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.