1991 Evan Williams Mash Bill

Creggor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello, Can someone post or send me the mash bill for Evan Williams Single Barrel. I need the info as last night I tried some 10yr Eagle Rare Single Barrel and found it very close in profile to Evan Williams. By the way the Eagle Rare SB was quite good. I has asked Ken Weber if he could advise me the mashbill on the Eagle Rare but if someone know it's mashbill please also advise. Thanks in advance Creggor.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Creggor,

Waymack & Harris report on page 104 of 'The Book of Classic American Whiskeys' that "Heaven Hill bourbon products are made from 78% corn, a low 10% rye, and 12% malted barley." "The sour mash 'set back' is unusually high by industry standards - about 30%."

We must also be mindful that this single mashbill gives us such good bourbons as Elijah Craig; Evan Williams, and Henry Mckenna. It also gives us some not so good bottom shelf labels. Therefore it is important not to put too much emphasis on any one component of the process.

'Mundane events. Mystical process.'

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Henry,

Your post is a good example of why we shouldn't place too much importance on any single factor. It is the sum total process that matters, and that includes barrel selection. Each individual component is a mundane event. It is the process itself that is the mystical part. Science is aloof. Seperate from life. This is exactly how Heisenberg came to know that he was uncertain. The artist doesn't care! He knows that he doesn't know and celabrates life as he thinks it ought to be. Bourbon is the marriage of science and art. We are all children of the corn. Wether our scientific father argues with our artistic corn mother now and again does not make us any the less human. We toil and sob, but also we laugh and dance. The events in and of themselves are simply mundane. It is the process of life that is mystical. None of us are perfect. It is the happy man that loves the imperfections of his brother. Now go and get down with your bad self brother Henry, for you are loved.

Linn Spencer

Good show, Linn - you really "slipped the surly bonds of earth and soared through skies on laughter-silvered wings" on that post. We all have to hear how it can all come together more than we do. Have a Merry Christmas, youns' guys, and be thankful for life and good bourbon.

Ralph Wilps

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Good to hear from you Ralph! I'm glad you enjoyed my latest instalment of 'babbling on bourbon'. The bottle of philosphy I was inbibing at the time was none other than the subject at hand - Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 1991. The more I pour in - the more this kind of stuff pours out.

I have to tell everyone that the concept of "Mundane Events. Mystical Process." emanates from one Jerry O. Dalton. Jerry is the current Master Distiller at Jim Beam. He holds a Ph.D. in physical chemistry from the University of Louisville. Yet he knows that bourbon is more than science. It is the marrage of art and science. Jerry is also a Taoist Master, and has written a translation and spiritual guide to the Tao (pronounced 'dow') Te Ching entitled 'Backwards Down The Path'. He is a man with a very big brain, and a humble spirit. A kind and patient teacher, he is always willing to listen. When you ask him what he does for a living he answers simply - "I make whiskey". As long as I don't try to pry into the trade secrets of the Jim Beam operation, he'll take the time to teach me what I want to know about both bourbon and the Tao (the way). Jerry Dalton makes this world a better place in which to live.

Linn Spencer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.