Weller again

Hedmans Brorsa
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As I mentioned in an earlier posting, late last year i chanced upon a whisk(e)y mail-order site in the U.K. which had the 10 year old Weller Centennial in stock. The pop-up picture of the label revealed that the whiskey was "bottled and distilled in Frankfort".

Can this really be true? The Stitzel-Weller distillery closed in 1992 (or was it -93?) - this bottle, on sale 2001 must therefore have been part of a 1991 distillation. Unless some secret deal were made I find it hard to believe that it was produced in Frankfort.

The reason for this "re-run" is that I plan to place an order for Kentucky Spirit & Russel´s reserve and I wanted dearly to add a bottle of Weller Centennial as well.

I just want to be sure that it´s the real Mccoy I get. Can any one out there give me some firm reassurances?

Best wishes,

H.B.

You might want to email Ken Weber directly. He works for Buffalo Trace (Weller's current owner) and participates is this forum. He should be able to give you the most authoritative answer.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Thanks a lot for the advice, Chuck. I never thought of addressing Ken - possibly because I´ve had a feeling that subjects about origin were sort of taboo with the distillery people.

Maybe it´s more to do with me not wanting to offend any one. Judging by the quality of their other products, I don´t have the slightest doubt that BT eventually will produce a good Weller C. It´s just that I´d like to taste the original before it vanishes completely.

Best wishes,

H.B.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.