Pikesville Pennsylvania Rye

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I came across a couple of older bottles of Pikesville Rye today. They were bottled in Bardstown but distilled in Pennsylvania. Also they were bottled at 86 proof which is higher than the regular Pikesville. The age statement is 4 yrs old. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this whiskey or knows anything about what distillery it came from? I'm wondering if it's the same whiskey as the Old Overholt 86 proof from the same era? Thanks.

-Mike

Okay, so I did a search (which I should have done in the first place) and came up with this:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5076&highlight=pikesville

Looks like it might be Michter's. Wonder if it will show any better at 86 proof since I assume the whiskey from the old thread was 80. I actually like the softer taste of some of the Pennsylvania distilled 86 proof Old Overholt I've had. May have to do a head-to-head comparison.

-Mike

It is Michter's. And it's delicious, albeit a touch earthy.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to read your impressions should you decide to open a bottle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.