Wild Turkey Rye

snakster
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was in a Wine & Spirits store today here in PA and noticed the subject rye in a display under a sign reading, "Pennsylvania's purchasing power at work". The price for WT Rye (and it's the first time I've seen it for sale here) is 15.99. A BRIEF search on the web leads me to believe that it is a very nice price.

Not that I need a good deal as incentive, but I feel compelled to pick it up and give it a go. I will be interested to see how it compares and contrasts with the other rye that is currently in my cabinet; Thomas Handy.

That's a fantastic price. The only other place I've seen WT Rye for 16 a bottle was last spring in LA. Buy several.

-Mike

Agreed. I have a local store that charges $15.99 a bottle, but their prices are insanely low on everything. Everyone else in town is $17.49 or more.

WTR is $24.00 here in the Mitten, but it's the best rye I've ever had, just a damn good bottle of whiskey.

My previous trys on ryes were Jim Beam, Old Overholt, Rittenhouse and Michter's.

WTR is $24.00 here in the Mitten

You're overpaying, Oscar! The state minimum is $19.97, and there is at least one shop here in Ann Arbor that sells everything at the minimum, although you have to know what that price is, because they overcharge about half the time. I always know what I want before going, and check the state web site.

I hate that, but I don't want to complain to the city about false advertising (they advertise on the door that they sell at the minimum) because I fear they might stop selling at minimum.

They always check the book when I challenge them, and give me the proper price. It happened just yesterday when I bought a bottle of Boodles Gin (suggested in another thread). They rang it up at $17.98, but when I said that the proper price was $16.98, the clerk asked another clerk, and he looked at something on the shelf (couldn't see what), and said it was $16.98.

Sleazy business practice. Maybe I should complain.

Jeff

At Meijer's with 6% sales tax on top of it, it comes to about 24 bucks.

That state minimum price is that, minimum price you can charge, there is no longer a maximum price.

Everywhere I shop WT Rye is the same price as WT 101 ($17.99 - $19.99) depending on location. Generally speaking, prices in Ill. are a bit lower than in IA. Iowa is a control state, Illinois is not. Score one for capitalism! I feel bad for those living in the interior of a control state too far to drive to "free market" friendly areas.

Was in a Wine & Spirits store today here in PA and noticed the subject rye in a display under a sign reading, "Pennsylvania's purchasing power at work". The price for WT Rye (and it's the first time I've seen it for sale here) is 15.99. A BRIEF search on the web leads me to believe that it is a very nice price.

That is a nice price but it is an introductory price. The regular price will be $25.99 in Pennsylvania. Better stock up.

Joe :usflag:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.