Prices on PVW20

NickAtMartinis
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello all,

I am purchasing a bottle of PVW20 as well as bottles of Bookers and Lot B. The PVW20 will cost me $82.50; the Bookers $57 (I think) and Lot B for $40.

Currently, I live in CT. Does anyone know if these are good prices, in general, not necessarily based on my location?

To me, the Bookers sounded a bit high (I was thinking low $50's) but the PVW 20 and Lot B I thought were very good prices.

What do you all think.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Mark Brown

Novice Bourbon Enthusiast'

Edit: By the way, I have a bottle of VW Rye 13 year coming my way today. I believe I paid $78, with shipping $85.85. Is this price too high?

Good price on the Pappy 20, I paid $89.99 for mine, and I'm sure I have seen people pay more than that.

Booker's does seem high, from prices I have seen online in the states, $45-$47 seems about the norm. Lot B is about right, and is normally about the same price as the Rye, so what you paid for it does seem excessive, although I tried it for the first time on Saturday night, and it is fantastic!!

I don't know what your state laws are in regards to shipping alcohol, but a good online retailer is Binnys.com

They have bookers for $42.99 Their Pappy 20 is $89.99 and their Lot B is $39.99, they don't have the rye listed on their site, though I'm sure if you contacted them they may have some, as I purchased some from them last week. They also have a very large range of bourbons that you may want to try. I would recommend Blanton's and Wild Turkey Kentucky spirit, both are around the Booker's price. Welcome to SB.com, and hope this info helps!

Scott

Good price on the Pappy 20, I paid $89.99 for mine, and I'm sure I have seen people pay more than that.

Booker's does seem high, from prices I have seen online in the states, $45-$47 seems about the norm. Lot B is about right, and is normally about the same price as the Rye, so what you paid for it does seem excessive, although I tried it for the first time on Saturday night, and it is fantastic!!

I don't know what your state laws are in regards to shipping alcohol, but a good online retailer is Binnys.com

They have bookers for $42.99 Their Pappy 20 is $89.99 and their Lot B is $39.99, they don't have the rye listed on their site, though I'm sure if you contacted them they may have some, as I purchased some from them last week. They also have a very large range of bourbons that you may want to try. I would recommend Blanton's and Wild Turkey Kentucky spirit, both are around the Booker's price. Welcome to SB.com, and hope this info helps!

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks for all the information straight from Australia! Wow, what time is it there right now?

The PVW20, Bookers and LotB will be purchase here locally today. The Bookers may have to wait unless I can find another store that has it - just too expensive based on the pricing you quoted (thanks again). The Rye I got online and is being shipped today. Now, were you talking about the PVW Rye 12 year or 13 year? The one I purchased online was the 13 year. I got it at Internet Wines and Spirits but later found some good prices at Sams for other Bourbons/Ryes but couldn't find the 13 year anyplace but the aforementioned online store.

When I think of Australia I think of great wine and Wagyu beef. Of course, since I have two children, I think of the Wiggles as well.:grin:

Regards,

Mark

In Pennsylvania, Booker's is on sale for $40.99, Van Winkle 12 yr is $32,99 and Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr is $72.99. Add 6% sales tax to those prices.

Doug

I have seen PVW range from 65.00 on sale to 120.00 in Florida. Bookers has been from 36.00 in New Hampshire to 60.00 at its high point. I bought my Lot B for 32.99+tx in PA, but have seen them up to 45.00. At the BT distillery, they had a large supply of PVW20 for 99.00 a bottle!

Thomas

Just got back from the liquor store and the actual prices were as follows:

PVW20 = $81.99

Lot B = $39.99

Bookers = $57.99

Needless to say, I didn't pick up the Bookers.

Question: The bookers that I saw was in open-view wooden box. Are the low prices that I've seen you guys post including this rather silly box? If not, I have yet to see a Bookers bottle without this wooden holder/box, where can I find it?

Thanks,

Mark

I was able to buy the Pappy 20 for $65, and the Lot B for $35 (it was shipped in from New Jersey). Both bourbons are outstanding. I bought as much as I could afford.

The Lot B is about right...here in VA I pay $36. The PVW20 though run $120 (way too high). If you wish to order online (and they can ship to CT), try www.shoppersvineyard.com , they have the PVW on sale for $68. With shipping, you're probably getting close to the $82.50 you paid, but if you were to add a couple other bottles to the order, then you spread out the shipping costs which lowers your overall cost per bottle. I ordered 7 bottles from them a couple of months ago and only paid $22 in shipping....adding an additional $3 per bottle....it was still cheaper than purchasing locally.

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

I"m going to check that website out now, ggilbertva. Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

In South Florida, PVW 20 can be found for $80, Lot B for $50.

-Kevin

Thanks again, everyone, for all the input.

I just found out, from another liquor store here in CT, that the owner will order a bottle of PVW20 and sell to me for $74.99!!!! That's a great price here.

Because I have done business with him before (I purchase two bottles of PVW23 and a Hirsch 16, he is willing to give me a break.

Even thought I just purchased a PVW20 I'm going to get another one.:grin:

As you've already been told, everything but the Bookers seems right, and even then I've seen plenty of places with Booker's marked up that high, but I work in an upscale area where prices seem to be a bit higher than they probably should be.

In Pennsylvania, Booker's is on sale for $40.99, Van Winkle 12 yr is $32,99 and Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr is $72.99. Add 6% sales tax to those prices.

Doug

I know one store in PA where Pappy is 69.99. I have no idea why it's less there, but 3 bucks is 3 bucks. (And it's probably not too far from you.)

From what I have seen PVW20 ranges a lot here in NJ, I've seen it from $65 to ~$125 but ~$80 seems to be the average; this bottle probably has the most varied pricing compared to all others. I've purchased Lot B in 2 different stores and in both it was ~$35. Bookers also seems to range, it could be anywhere from $45 to just under $60, fortunately the average price is somewhere ~$50.

Hello Scott,

Thanks for all the information straight from Australia! Wow, what time is it there right now?

I posted that at 11.25pm last night (way past my bed time!)

Now, were you talking about the PVW Rye 12 year or 13 year?

The 13yo, I believe the 12 year is incredibly hard to find, if at all possible these days.

Scott

Thanks again, everyone, for all the input.

I just found out, from another liquor store here in CT, that the owner will order a bottle of PVW20 and sell to me for $74.99!!!! That's a great price here.

Because I have done business with him before (I purchase two bottles of PVW23 and a Hirsch 16, he is willing to give me a break.

Even thought I just purchased a PVW20 I'm going to get another one.:grin:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this guy charge for the PVW23 and the Hirsch 16?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this guy charge for the PVW23 and the Hirsch 16?

That was back a while ago now, maybe about 6-8 months ago. It was funny, I was talking to him on the phone and he mentioned, in a nice way, that he wouldn't try to match an internet price (not something I was asking him to do, but a woman prior to my calling did) and he said that if he couldn't make some sort of profit he wouldn't. Then, I joked that he may not have done it for the woman but for a loyal customer like me (actually, I buy at any and all liquor stores based on inventory in price). Then I told him I bought some bottles of bourbon and he asked out of the blue if I bought the Hirsch and 23 old Pappys to which I said yes. Then he said that he'd give me a break on the Pappy 20.

Now, getting to your question. It was a bit ago, but I remember getting the Hirsch 16 at $110-$120 range and the Pappy's was more expensive than that, I'd say $170-180 range per bottle. These prices are based on memory, but I'm sure I could find out the exact price if your interested.

I just picked up my 2nd bottle of PVW20 and the guy at the liquor store said he had to order it, but when I went in to see their selection, they had two bottles of it existing on their shelf. Maybe, he just ordered extra, but the price he was selling them at was $89.99, same price as binnys.com. Fortunately, he had marked mine with a sticker that said $74.99.

Also, I saw Old Weller Antique for $19.99 and ORVW10 for $29.99. Are these good prices? I thought the ORVW10 was high, but OWA seemed like a good price, but what do I know.

The Weller Antique, in my opinion, is one of those lower priced bourbons that could easily be priced higher. I think it's a great bourbon and an absolute bargain at $20. There are others here on SB that like the Weller Antique also.

Was the ORVW10 the 90 or 107 proof variant? $29 may be a little high. I think I paid somewhere around $25 for my 107 proofer.

If you have to choose between the two of them, go with the Antique first....you won't be sorry.

So, how much $$ are you in the hole now that you're getting all this advise on bourbon....it will break you...just wait. :lol:

The Weller Antique, in my opinion, is one of those lower priced bourbons that could easily be priced higher. I think it's a great bourbon and an absolute bargain at $20. There are others here on SB that like the Weller Antique also.

Was the ORVW10 the 90 or 107 proof variant? $29 may be a little high. I think I paid somewhere around $25 for my 107 proofer.

If you have to choose between the two of them, go with the Antique first....you won't be sorry.

So, how much $$ are you in the hole now that you're getting all this advise on bourbon....it will break you...just wait. :lol:

I realized when I got back to work and back to this site that there were two, the 90 and 107. So, I'm not too sure which one I saw. However, I think I'll stay away from that for a bit and go with the Weller Antique.

With the hole that I'm in, you might as well start shoveling the dirt over me.:lol:

That deep huh? I'm at the point that I can't "hide" any new bottles. I've completely filled up a whole cabinet full of bottles and how I'm filling up boxes in the storage room. I fear my lovely bride's patience is wearing thin....and yet, I continue to skate the thin ice. I'm headed to DC tomorrow morning for more dusty hunting. There's so many older bottles in DC (just check out both my and Scratchline's collectable pics), that it's hard not to go on the hunt. I hope to find more Old Fitz BIB's....a top shelf bourbon in my opinion.

I fell threw the ice last November when I bought 3 bottles of each BTAC and the wife saw the amount of the one charge.:bigeyes: :hot: :bigeyes: :hot: :bigeyes: It's been Mission Impossible since. Have I stopped?? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds..................................

I am glad I'm not the only one. I fear adding up how much I have spent on my dusty bottle hunting over the past few months. The wife was relatively patient with my newest hobby but has recently become quite upset at the fact we can no longer park 1 car in our 3 car garage. YIKES!!! :shocked:

When my wife crossed her arms and said "really honey, this is getting silly, you have more bourbon than you can ever drink in a lifetime...." Grinning and saying "I love you" didn't work. Oh well, I'm sick, I know it, I can't stop it. It's an addictive habit that is just tooooo damn fun to stop.

I have an anniversary coming up and I just bought her some realllllly nice jewelry....hopefully that will balance it out....just a little. Of course, my anniversary present is a bottle of PVW23. :yum:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.