Booker's on sale

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello guys!

If you're looking for some hot stuff this Valentine's but can't see spending $50+ for a quick fix, here's some good news: internetwines has Booker's on sale for $32.99.

Omar

That's great. But, I'll bet anything that they can't legally ship to Alabama, so it still leaves me out.

Thanks, though.

Tim

Just from looking around, I get the feeling that Booker's is becoming less

expensive and getting wider distribution. It used to be a $50 to $65+ bourbon

where I live, and only available at larger liquor stores, but nowadays I see it at

grocery stores for ~$35 - $40. Dunno if it's a larger trend or not.

Tim

Probably prompted by the success of Knob Creek, Beam may be experimenting with different prices on some of the other small batchers. I noticed some good prices on Baker's before the holidays.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

>Probably prompted by the success of Knob Creek, Beam may be experimenting

>with different prices on some of the other small batchers. I noticed some good

>prices on Baker's before the holidays.

I'm certainly glad that American consumers have taken to Knob Creek... the trend

will hopefully increase the number of high end bourbons available and will also

hopefully keep prices down.

I'm wondering if Booker's will take off like Knob Creek did without all the

advertizing that KC got. For a while there, I saw print ads in just about

every magazine I picked up.

Tim

Beam only started to advertise Knob Creek heavily after it started to break out. Booker's, of course, has been around longer and has a smaller but still significant customer base willing to pay the current price. I'm sure it is highly profitable, so any plan to increase volume by bringing the price down will have to be done very carefully.

Of course, they may be trying to spike volume with promotional offers, i.e., periodic price-offs, without actually lower the base price.

I think it would make more sense for them to do their price experimenting with Baker's or Basil Haydens but those, of course, start from even smaller bases. I'm sure they are also considering new brands, but they got burned the last time (Jacob's Well) so may be reluctant.

Beam doesn't talk much, so you have to infer what they're thinking from what they're doing.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Come to think of it, they're advertizing the heck out of their Vox Vodka. The

ads are pretty sharp, and from what I can tell around here, they've got

prime shelf space, at least for now.

My guess as to why they chose Booker's instead of Baker's or Basil Hayden's

is the current trend in sing** mal* sco*** for "cask strength"... and Booker's is

the only barrel proof out of the bunch.

Tim

Chuck,

I hope this is more than a periodic price-off or promotional Valentine's special. Booker's has always been about $50 in my area, considerably higher than the rest of the JB small batch line. Maybe its not selling as much as they'd like and they are taking steps to remedy the situation.

Omar

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Omar I tend to think that all of Jim Beam's 'Small Batch Collection' are overpriced. I'd really like to see Baker's come down to the $20-$25 range, as that is one that I would like to drink more frequently.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for us Bourbon Heads who are fortunate enough to live near the source. Liquor Outlet has Knob Creek for 19.99 a 750ml for the month of March. It is the spirit of the month! I realise not worth the drive from Al. Va. Fl. or Chicago to save 3 or 4 dollars , but it makes our lives easier. I looked for the 12YO Wild Turkey they still have 2 and have not restocked so maybe they are going to let it run out. I went there with the expressed purpose of getting Old Charter classic 90 I couldn't pass up the Knob Creek. They have plenty of the 17,18, 19 YO Eagle rare, Sazerac,And Weller at this time. I haven't tasted any but for those of us who like the older stuff it seems like a bargain all for 39.99 each.

Bobby Cox

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Hey Bobby it's worth the drive if you buy bourbon by the trunkload! It cost me just under five hundred dollars to fill up the trunk of my wifes car last year. Twenty bucks for Knob Creek is super cheap. It's $27 per 750ml here. So buying a case of KC would save me $84. The best part of buying bourbon in Kentucky is that there are so many brands that just aren't available in my state. Van Winkel for one and the Old Charter 'Classic 90' is another. Plus all of special Sazrac bottlings you mentioned, so there is a lot to be said for shopping in Kentucky. You just have to be sure to bring extra pants. wink.gif

PANTS AWAY!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Linn, Do I see a pickup or an SUV in your future? I saw last nite that liquor outlet is merging with the liquor barn in Lexington, you could do a fast turn around and get back to Virginnia real quick . I guess if you were that far you just as well drive the other 50 miles into Bardstown.

Bobby Cox

Hmm, around here bookers is $60 9and i only can find one store that has it, and the only reason they have it is because i asked the guy to order it... they got 6, i bought 3, and there is still one left, over a 14 months later... I hope that more people around here 'discover' bourbon... It seems that all these people want to know about where i live is watered down cheap beer...

It was mentioned that jacob's well was a mistake of some sort for jim beam? In what way? my friend has a bottle of it, i don't recall ever seeing it for sale... I think he brought it back from vacation somewhere...

Hell, I just dream of making a trip to Atlanta so I can do a little shopping at Green's. I've been shopping there (when I can get there) since the early 70's, and they never disappoint me on selection or price.

Tim

$60 for Booker's? Jesus H. You need to move.

As for Jacob's Well, it was only a mistake in that it didn't sell because Beam didn't promote it for whatever reason. Why they didn't add it to the Small Batch line when the packaging, production and everything about it screamed "boutique" I'll never know. Many don't (well, didn't) like it, but there's a distinct anise flavor to it that I really like. Granted it's not very dissimilar at all to the Beam Black (both the old and the "new" 8 YO version), but I liked it anyway. In any case, I certainly can't complain that lots of places are still closing it out for ridiculously low (~$8.00) prices.

Stotz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.