Old Stanley Distillery

Giobo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am trying to find the location of the Old Stanley distillery, when it closed and anything about their products.

Anyone in Cyberbourbonia have info on this?

Thanks,

Giobo

Hello Giobo,

I have in Sam Cecil's book The Evolution of the Bourbon Whiskey Industry in Kentucky , a little piece about it. It seems Old Stanley was in Daviess County Ky. ( Owensboro)It was built by Ben & Tom Medley, In 1960. by 1970 Sam says he visited and though not running they had produced 2000 Barrels of whiskey. It sort of fizzles out from there. By 1977 they show only having 147 barrels and in 1996 they show having 95 barrels of 1990 production. He says it is unknown who produced that. They had a label"Tom Simms" and did custom bottling for retailers in Florida and Holiday Inns. The company was auctioned in the mid 70s.

Bobby Cox

Hey BobbyC,

Thanks for the information.

No matter how obscure the subject, if it relates to bourbon, someone on this website

will find the answer. I appreciate your research. Thanks.

Giobo

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1563115085/charlekcowder>Click here to buy Sam Cecil's book at Amazon.com.</A>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

• 1 year later...

Just came back from Orlando from a trip to see the happy rodent. While there, I happened into a local liquor store (ABC, near Downtown Disney). The bottom shelf was stocked with Tom Simms. I didn't pick any up, since I tend to like to drink my bourbon, and I don't usually like bottom shelf offerings. I did grab a bottle of Weller 12yr, which isn't typically found here in NJ.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.