A Beer Question

tmas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I used to drink a lot more beer than I now do, and a big reason is that I find so much old beer for sale! I think beer producers should be required to date their product.

Anyway, can anyone help me out with this question? I bought a mixed case of Mexican beer the other day. The cases were all sealed and foolishly I didn't pop one open. When I checked the beer the next day I turned over a bottle of the dos equis and a dusty plume came off the bottom. Does this indicate that this beer is old? If so, it's going back! No way I'm wading through a whole case of stale beer! Tom V

Just taking a guess here, but was this a "Beers of Mexico" from Costco? If yes, I purchased several cases of this back in May for our Cinco de Mayo party. It contained Dos Equis, Tecate, etc. I have some still left over that I have been drinking this Summer. I have seen no ill effects so far. Drink up!!

Cheers!

JOE

In some Dutch and Belgian beers there`s yeast on the bottom of the bottle but i`ve never seen it in Mexican beer.I don`t think it can do any damage to you so just drink it.Cheers.

Eric.

Just taking a guess here, but was this a "Beers of Mexico" from Costco? If yes, I purchased several cases of this back in May for our Cinco de Mayo party. It contained Dos Equis, Tecate, etc. I have some still left over that I have been drinking this Summer. I have seen no ill effects so far. Drink up!!

Cheers!

JOE

I didn't buy it in Costco, but it sounds like the same package. If yours tastes good maybe I will just drink it.

But as Eric points out, the only beers that I am aware of that should have meaningful sediment at the bottom of the bottle are wheat beers or unfiltered beers. Dos Equis doesn't fit that profile. I've seen this before and don't buy the beer when I do see it, so I'd really like to know if my reaction is warranted. Maybe I'll email the Dos Equis folks and ask them...hmmmm, wonder if they'd level with me? Tom V

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.