Oh Momma!

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I am not allowed to post under the 'Industry News' forum so I'll post it here!

Mark Brown (the president of Buffalo Trace) just sent me this e-mail.

Julian Van Winkel & Son (Preston) have signed an agreement in which Buffalo Trace Distillery will distil the whiskey that will be bottled as "Old Rip Van Winkel" in the future.

As you may know Buffalo Trace has bought the W.L. Weller brand and recipe. You may also not know that BT has been distilling this recipe for quite some time now.

Although I have no tangible proof I do know that this is the very same recipe that is shipped to Virginia and doubled off and bottled as 'Virginia Gentleman' brand bourbon.

Big BIG congratulations to Julian, Preston & all the Buffalo Trace crew!

Good Work Men!

Pants Away!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Hey Linn,

Greetings from the Bourbon Boyz up here in Beantown. You are digging up them old bones again about VG bourbon being wheated. Recent conversations with both Dangler and Jay Adams confirm their mashbill and "There ain't no wheat in it." We all know Julian's stuff is wheated, so unless you have more than a hunch to back you up, you are facing a wall of denials from the folks at Bowman,. They claim the whole fiasco developed from a mistake on thier website which they have since corrected. I'd LOVE to see you prove them wrong on this.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Proof? There is no proof! Is this a mashbill I see before me? To wheat or not to wheat? That is the question.

No Joe neither party may tell the truth. Contractual agreements and such. That's just the way things are in Bourbonia. You can either believe me or not.

Let's see that makes two websites that have had to make major changes because I'm really just that damn dangerous! A. Smith Bowman & George Dickle.

The truth is a powerful thing. Believe it!

"Oh I don't believe anybody else. When I think about me I impress myself... impress myself" - POOMdada & The SNERGtones

PANTS AWAY!

Linn Spencer

Dickel? This is a new one on me. I didn't know you had caused trouble over there also. What havoc did you wreak on the Dickel website? We may have to confiscate your computer if you keep this up.

While I think Julian Van Winkle and Buffalo Trace make a good pair, the sad back end of this story is that it means the supply of "real" Van Winkle wheated whiskey, produced at the now-shuttered Old Fitzgerald distillery in Shively, must be running out.

And on a side note, so much for Buffalo Trace's claim to me a few months ago that they were "getting out of the contract distilling business."

And people wonder why I don't bother asking the distilleries about things.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Aaaaah yessssssss. Mere illusions of reality cloaked in a vail of vagueness.

Linn Spencer

Thanks Linn for the congradulations! Preston and I are excited about the future,(in other words, I'm glad that now there will be a future).

Now Chuck, regarding your comment about BT's contract distilling:

Our agreement is a joint venture between us. This means that they will now own a piece of my label, which means that they will be producing whiskey for the joint venture, which of course includes them, not just me.

Se you next week in Chicago.

Regards,

Julian

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.