New STUFF Magazine Article

MurphyDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey All,

Just wanted to mention to those that didnt see it that there was another page dedicated to Bourbon in the April issue of STUFF magazine. the bourbons featured were: Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve, Eagle Rare, Elijah Craig 12 YO, Buffalo Trace, & Jefferson's Reserve. Jefferson's got their "Pick of the Litter" award. Thought you all might like to know. . . .

TomC

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Yeah Tom; somebody else once posted something about a bourbon article in STUFF awhile back. So it seems that someone on their staff likes it, and someone in charge thinks bourbon is printworthy. I'd say that's good. The more popular bourbon becomes the better.

Is that article available online?

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Carl. I just read that article. Pretty good. Now Gary Regan can write a good bourbon article for a wine mag, but can't for the life of him write one for a whiskey mag like Malt Advocate. Hmmmmmmmm. Money might be the issue. I wouldn't know myself. I do know that I just got more out of that online article than the latest issue of Malt Advocate. John Hansel needs to seriously upgrade his rag.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Someone @ Dennis Publications really likes Bourbon cause in the may issue of Maxim has a 1/2 page spot on Jim Beam Black, trying to convince their readership that they can grow up a little without giving up the Beam they know & love ("did you know how to party properly at 4 years old" they ask).

and the more of the back issues i poke through they mention bourbon fairly often.

they havent updated their site for the new issue yet but i will post the address if they include it.

TomC

it used to be quite a bit better actually, they used to wedge in real information under the guise of T&A, my wife was the one that got me the subscription to both actually, so i think that says something about the fact that they actually had some depth, over the last 6-8 months though both mags seem to be declining steadily into the "Man Show" stereotype that they were originally made out to be by other press. it really is a ahame because i will miss the real writing. T&A only hold me for so long, i kept reading cause there was depth.

TomC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.