Current age of Wild Turkey?

Giobo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know the current age of Wild turkey 101#? It seems they have been gradually using younger spirits to fill demand. Has this got anything to do with the big fire they had a while ago which destroyed so much product?

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Joe the current age of '#8 brand' Wild Turkey is from five and a half to six years old. All of the true eight year old 101 is going to Japan, as is all of the new 12 year old stuff and all of the special 17 year old Turkey. Japan is large enough to to buy every drop of Wild Turkey if their market was large enough. At this rate it may soon well become true.

Then there will bo no more Wild Turkey for you or for me. Buy as much Kentucky Spirit and Russell's Reserve as you can, and don't say I didn't warn you!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Does this mean that the current proportions of 6, 8 and 12 YO stock which make up Rare Breed is also going to change? That would be worse than depressing!

Ralph

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

No Ralph I doubt that will ever happen as long as Jimmy Russell is running the show. I also tend to doubt that Ricard Pernod would ever stop marketing Wild Turkey in the U.S.A. even if overseas demand should outstrip production. Prices would just rise to the point that supply and demand were back in equlibrium once again. So look forward to paying more accross the board once this recession is over and the world economy is back in full swing.

Most distillers have excess capacity and could easily increase production without any problems or sacrifice in quality. I would love to see all of our distillers working at full capacity due to increasing demand from both here at home and abroad.

Which leads us to ask this question of our marketing mavens --> How are bourbon sales holding up? Is all the growth still in the high end super-premiums?

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.