Most satisfying Paraphernalia

camduncan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm curious to know what peoples most satisfying bourbon paraphanalia is?

For me, it's the Evan Williams golf ball that someone on the forum sent me, along with my Wax dipped Makers Mark pen given to me by Jane from Makers Mark.

A brother of me came from vacation from Florida and brought me a bottle and a cap of 4 roses.The bottle was emptied the same evening,i still have the cap...

And a t-shirt from JD but that`s no bourbon:grin: .

Eric.

Dale,

that ball is awesome!

Mine would be my black Maker's Mark Louisville Slugger dipped in red wax, baseball dipped in red wax signed by Bill Samuels and a Maker's Mark branding iron.

Scott

My dad picked me up a set of rocks glasses from Maker's Mark in 1994 and I still have them but my altime favorite is my flex-fit BT brown hat I have on in my avatar...all brown with the buffalo on the front most people have no idea what it is, since there is no writing.

Tony

Did I mention my Fighting Cock bandana.....

I get a lot of questions about that one :cool:

Did I mention my Fighting Cock bandana.....

I get a lot of questions about that one :cool:

How bizarre! :grin:

Any chance of a pic?

An Ezra Brooks decanter of the legendary thoroughbred Man o' War. You can get 'em on Ebay for about 30 bucks or less. But I inherited mine from my great grandfather.

I have an antique collapsable shotglass from the George T Stagg Distillery. I won it off Ebay but think it's totally cool.

I keep it right next to my original issue Pepcycle KBF Boone Shindig brisket plug that has been bronzed and mounted on a piece of the carpet Ed drooled on after passing out when he visited me. Yes it will go into the shrine eventually.

Was bouncing around eBay last night and there is an art deco Old Fitzgerald lighted sign out there for ONLY $495 to start the bidding....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Fitzgerald-Bourbon-Light-Up-Sign-Art-Deco-Vintage_W0QQitemZ120175442429QQihZ002QQcategoryZ35661QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Extremely cool but out of my price range...

I have an antique collapsable shotglass from the George T Stagg Distillery. I won it off Ebay but think it's totally cool.

Same here. Do you, or anyone, know when these might be from? I find that it does not serve it's purpose well (mine leaks) but it is a very cool collectible.

My most satisfying item is the Old Rip Van Winkle polo I'm wearing now. I got it last night at Whiskyfest from Preston. After my vacation is over I wonder if I can get away with wearing this at the office! It's even my favorite "color", black. :)

My most satisfying item is the Old Rip Van Winkle polo I'm wearing now.

Now that is a definate item on my 'wants' list when I'm in KY for the Sampler next year.:cool:

Are they available to the public to buy?

My black (and one grey) SB t-shirts and polos.

Most were made with a clingy-type cloth which wears and washes very well, I still use them all.

Thanks again to BJ and Jim for those.

Gary

Are they available to the public to buy?

I can't say for sure but I have never seen them for sale anywhere, I've only ever seen Julian and Preston wearing them at whiskey events. Preston said there should be some ORVW stuff at the BT gift shop but I didn't see anything in the online store.

I don't remember the polos but they do have tees and hats for sure in the BT gift shop. That's where I got mine.

Thanks guys - I really think a Van Winkle shirt would be a prized piece of clothing to bring back to Australia :)

My most satisfying item is the Old Rip Van Winkle polo I'm wearing now. I got it last night at Whiskyfest from Preston. After my vacation is over I wonder if I can get away with wearing this at the office! It's even my favorite "color", black. :)

Nice! I think I have the same shirt. You can get a selection of Van Winkle shirts at the BT gift shop. And yes, I do wear mine to work on occasion.

I get a fair amount of use out of the stainless cup that came with the EWSB Holiday Set a few years ago. Might have been the EWSB 94? I guess you'd call it an mint julip glass? Anyway, it's particularly nice in the Winter, when I'm drinking outside with gloves on. It won't break if I drop it. It's entirely neutral taste-wise, in it's effect on whatever bourbon I have in it. No metallic taste at all. As a matter of fact, I'll fire up the outdoor fireplace tonight, and use it once again.

Cheers!

JOE

• 3 months later...

Gotta say mine is my wet bar, converted from an antique 1940's/50's stereo. The picture was the only one on hand. I've since stained the wood to make it darker, and added deep red velvet to the top surface. The left drawer holds smaller, squat, or half bottles. The right is for minis and glassware.

Always enjoyable to walk up to it and pour myself two fingers worth. (I just have to make an effort to keep the cat hairs off the velvet!)

For a while it's held my opened bottles and bunkered items. Ever since my dusty hunting expeditions in the fall/winter, I've since outgrown it by about a case-worth.

post-1554-14489813721269_thumb.jpg

I would have to say that my Gold Clad Taylor Distillery Decanter is a one-of-a-kind. Holds a special spot in my heart (but not in my home. The Patty thinks its Kitschy and relegated to an obscure location)

Its right up there with the Ancient Age Jazz record that's pressed on cardboard (like the old cereal box records)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.