dowling distillers

tnfootball419
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As I posted earlier...these usually come in a netting....sometimes in a tall bottle, sometimes in a squat bottle. The whiskey sometimes comes from an "interesting" distillery...sometimes we don't know. Some like it....some don't. Not something to really seek out in general. The BIB's have to disclose the distillery.....the non-BIB's don't. This one falls into the mystery distillery category.

Randy

"If you're not thinking about whiskey and women 100% of the time, you're not concentrating."

Randy, I always wondered about these, they are distillations that probably reach back to circa 1950.

What do they taste like, do they recall, say PVW 20, or EC 18 (much of which is 20 years aged or over), or some of the Vintage line in that age band, or are they completely different and if so, how?

Gary

Gary.....I'm looking at my Dowling Deluxe....distilled 1951 at dsp 33, Ekron KY...bottled 1965 dsp27 in Tyrone. My Collector's Item is distilled at dsp51 in Greenbriar.....bottled at dsp 112, Lawrenceburg.......Julian's former bottling site. Both in the fishnet. We'll try one at a Gazebo soon.

Randy

"If you're not thinking about whiskey or women 100% of the time, you're not concentrating"

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm getting tired of multiple posts in multiple fora all about the exact same thing, with no acknowledgement or recognition that the question has pretty much been asked and answered.

I humbly suggest that it may be time for the moderators to step in.

The Dowling brand name, by the way, now resides at Heaven Hill.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.