Buffalo Trace

TBone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've read more than a few positive reviews of Buffalo Trace and want to give it a try. Living in Southern California, I haven't seen it sold here. Does anyone out there know where I might be able to find some in So. Cal.?

hello Tbone, I don't know much about SoCal but welcome to the forum. Look for Ancient Age , Blanton's, Elmer T Lee, Rock Hill Farms, Hancock's Reserve. They are all from the same great whiskey mill. My recomendation about Buffalo Trace has been ( this was before I jioned this forum and found that Ken Weber has a standing invite for members to go to Rock Hill Mansion) " Don't be afraid to try any of thier products they're all good , Those guys ( and gals) at Ancient Age / Buffalo Trace know what they're doing.

Bobby Cox

if that is for real i am all about visiting!! i figure Buffalo Trace, Rock Hill Farms, and Elmer T. Lee are on my short list to try (and none are carried in the Local Ohio State store), so what better way to head my search than toward the source!!

that would so rock i will have to start beggin' my wife to go now.

Tom (I Really Want Some Elmer T. Lee) C

BTW- Blanton's is on the short list of "Bourbons that dreams are made of".. . . . . . . . .its worth the $35-50 (depending on where you get it).

yeah it's for real , I didn't know about it last year but was at the bourbon festival , Linn said he made it . I'll find the thread and bump it up

Bobby Cox

I would agree that one should try all those bourbons you mentioned, but Buffalo Trace has a flavor that is distinctly different from the other rye-based bourbons distilled at Leestown. It's drier, earthier and spicier, as opposed to the vanilla/toffee-heavy stuff like Eagle Rare and Blanton's. As for where he -- or anyone else, for that matter -- could get it, internetwines.com is expensive but they'll ship damn near anywhere. Otherwise there's Town Wine & Spirits in Rumford, RI, who are also very happy to ship. Failing either of those, I'm happy to purchase and ship to anyone, especially if it's something as good as Buffalo Trace.

Stotz

i just may have to take you up on that. I have been bangin my head against a wall in efforts to get a bottle of elmer t lee, most websites seem reluctant to ship to OH (cause its a control state, i dunno what the laws are regarding liquor in "private mail" though) and the nearest adjoining state to drive to is PA, and they have even more ridiculous control-state laws! so its either 4 hours to Buffalo, 4 hours to Covngton, KY (right over from Cincinnati) or leaving the country and having to screw with the patrol. i really am in a sh***y location to get good liquor.

(i have checked state stores in 5 different counties for elmer t lee, including Franklin & Cuyahoga, so I get the feeling you just cant get it in OH).

TOM C

(this is all assuming that i ever get any money ever again. . . .)

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Tom don't beg! Simply inform your wife that you are going bourbon shopping in Kentucky and ask her if she'd like to come along.

On our first trip to Kentucky we were supposed to go to the beach. After we loaded everything up we got in the car and I drove to Kentucky instead. The BIG bonus being that we spent about the same amount of money but taking the place of sea shells and assorted expensive tourist crap were two cases of assorted bourbons. We haven't been back to the beach since.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.