News from the Hill

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This is the front page of our newsletter. The letter if from Max. There are 8 pages total. I have posted the front page only.

Bettye Jo Boone

Line Mechanic

Heaven Hill Distilleries

Bardstown, Kentucky

P.S. I put all the extra crap (above this) for all the anomyous wusses who are always looking in the profile of a user !!!!!!

post-20-1448981104273_thumb.jpg

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for that post Bettye Jo. So Diageo (the devil) is shuffling the distribution deck are they? Well let's hope they foul things up in their usual manner, and that American distillers can position themselves to profit from it.

"News From The Hill" is obviously a different newsletter than the "Bourbon Country Herald" of the Bardstown Bourbon Society. Do you think you could get me on the mailing list for "News From The Hill"?

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Hi Linn,

The newsletter is our employee newspaper. Send me your mailing address and I will pick up a extra one for you.

Bettye Jo

• 1 month later...

Linn

Here is the front page of our June newsletter........ I will mail your copy along with the rest of your things........

Bettye Jo

post-20-144898110459_thumb.jpg

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Bettye Jo you're a real sweetie.

Pants Away!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

• 2 months later...

This is the August issue of News from the Hill........look at the attachment grin.gif ......

Bettye Jo

post-20-14489811078133_thumb.jpg

This is the back page....... smirk.gif Make sure ya visit our booth at Spalding Hall grin.gif I was up unitl almost 4 working on it....I have been working on it for awhile......This year the theme will be... a step back in time..... grin.gif

I have a lot of pictures of the early days of Heaven Hill......A friend of mine enlarged them to poster size......I have been framing every one of them.....with embroidered captions......... grin.gif

Bettye Jo

post-20-14489811078433_thumb.jpg

The anniversary and birthday page.....Parker's 42 anniversary is in Sept........

Other names you should know.....David Hobbs---Vice President---- 32 years....Harry Shapira----Max's first cousin-----one of the owners----Marketing.....29 years...Kenny Ice, Superintendent of Warehouses, 43 years----Kenny takes care of the barrel rolling teams........and my 10 year anniversary was this month....actually it is 10 years and one season........but they don't count seasonal.........

Bettye Jo

post-20-14489811078735_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the insight. I love hearing the "inside scoop" on industry business.

Am I the only one who finds the attachments unreadable?

While they load, they are big enough that I can read them. Then when they finish loading, they suddenly become smaller, much too small for me to read.

Could there be an Internet Explorer setting that I need to change?

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dave,

Run your mouse over the bottom right hand corner of the picture.....a orange and blue box will appear.....click on it and it will become larger....

Bettye Jo

Bettye Jo,

Thanks. Your tip plus a little squint did the trick on the August issue.

I still can't make out everything in the earlier issue.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

"the extra crap....for all the anomyous wusses"

Ha ha!! laugh.gif Yep, you're looking at a reformed AW right here.

Thanks Bettye Jo for all the cool historical info and distillery news.

-Troy

grin.gifgrin.gif It's a pleasure, Troy........ grin.gifgrin.gif

But let me tell ya shocked.gifshocked.gif Those lurkers can stick it where the sun don't shine mad.gifmad.gif Especially a few in particular that I know!! tongue.gif

Bettye Jo grin.gif

• 2 months later...

Judging by the sesame seed in the middle of the Burnetts article, Bettye Jo must have been eating a Big Mac when she scanned the newsletter.

Hi Bettye Jo! I didn't thought I would find the pictures I took at the

festival of H.H barrell team here on the forum,great.

Cant wait to get back there again.

Koji smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.